Epilogue + Author's Note

Wait wait... tHERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE?? I THOUGHT THIS STORY WAS OVER! AND IT'S ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE FIVE PARTS, NOT sIX!!

I know, but I though an Epilogue was necessary to finally end this story >W< It's short, but cute and meaningful. I'll see you again at the end :3

~*~*~*~*~*~

About 12 moons later...

"Mommy! Daddy! I just saw a fish jump out of the water!" one of my kits, a white she-kit with three small black spots on her back, chirps happily. Her bright blue eyes dazzle with excitement at her discovery as she bounds up to Scamp and I from the edge of the river.

"That's wonderful, Rose!" I comment sweetly. "A couple more moons, and Daddy will teach you how to catch a fish." While Rose's eyes gleamed with even more exhilaration, I glance aside at Scamp and see that his expression holds a sort of dread. I wait for him to explain with my head tilted to the side.

"I just don't want what happened to you happen to her," he murmured in my ear so that Rose wouldn't hear him, though I don't think she would pay us any attention, as she is currently dancing around on the sand with glee.

I give out a sigh. "Scamp, I said a couple more moons. She will be older and stronger, and don't forget, you'll be there right with her. And you saved me, so why can't you save her if she falls in?"

I see in his amber eyes that he is contemplating greatly on what he should do. Eventually, he gives a nod and a small smile. "Fair enough."

"Ow! I said no claws! You're cheating!"

"Well, that's what you get for biting my tail!"

At the sound of my other kits' voices, I turn around and see my only tom kit, black-furred with white paws, and my other she-kit, a full on mixture of white and black, rolling around in the sand with each other. I quickly duck out of the way of some flying sand. "Hawk, Sky! Knock it off!" I snap at them. They pause what they are doing and scramble up from their tangle with each other.

"She was using claws, though!" Hawk protests, his amber eyes carrying a small flame of fury.

Sky casts an accusing glance toward her brother with her narrowed, green eyes. "I wouldn't have had to use my claws if you didn't bite my tail first!" She brings her fluffy tail around and looks at it. "It's still hurting where you bit it!"

"Enough," I say, looking down at them. "Hawk, no more biting, and Sky, no more claws. It is play fighting; I don't want to see any blood. Understood?"

They both nod and reply at the same time, "Understood, Mommy."

Then out of nowhere, Rose comes in from behind me and tackles Sky, which leads to Hawk tackling Rose, and the three kits turn into a bunch of wiggling fur, all laughing and having a good time with each other. Scamp arrives beside me, and our tails subconsciously twine together. As I watch our kits, my heart swells with love for all of them and Scamp.

Yes, I did name Rose and Hawk after Rosebreeze and Hawkstrike. Those two ForestClan lovers have taught me a lot, even in the four days after I left the Clan. They also led me toward Scamp and my future with him. I wonder every now and then what my life would be like in the Clan with Hawkstrike if he did take me as a mate. I also conclude that thought with, I would not be as happy with him as I am with Scamp. If I ever see them again, I will be sure to thank them for doing what they have done, and that it was better for all of us in the end.

Since I named Rose and Hawk - and would have named them that no matter how much Scamp protested, thankfully none - I had figured that he should get to name the third kit. So he suggested Sky, and I love the name. I do not know if it has as much meaning to him as Hawk and Rose do toward me - or any meaning at all - but it suits the young she-kit nicely.

So, we are now Cedarfrost and Scamp, parents of three kits - Rose, Hawk, and Sky - and are all happy where we are in life, thanks to Rosebreeze and Hawkstrike.

~*~*~*~*~*~

And this finally concludes Hate, or Love! There is no other parts after this, I promise :)

I really enjoyed writing this short story, though it probably shouldn't have taken as long as it did.... Oh well, you guys know me XD I wanted to make sure that this was as good, or maybe even better than Me, or Her, because for a time, I was worried that this was going to be worse. But I think it pulled through! :D

Before I say goodbye, I want to tell you guys a few little fun facts that have to do with this story:

1) Scamp is actually kind of named after my pet cat. When we first found him in our garage, he would just 'scamper' across it each time we thought we caught him. So I wanted to name him Scamper, or Scamp for short, but then my sister and her friends, who are Fall Out Boy fangirls, named him Pete without my agreeing to .3.

2) Scamp's looks is also half after my cat, and half after a certain YouTuber's cat named Skumper. My cat is black, with some pretty unique gray fur underneath I think, while Skumper is black with a patch of white on his chest. They both have amber eyes.

3) Another fact about Scamp's name is that it is very similar to the same YouTuber above's Internet name, Scump. (His girlfriend named their cat Skumper after him, yes >w<) Which is another reason why I would have liked Pete's name be Scamp, but oh whale. So if there are any mispellings of Scamp's name being Scump, you know why xP

4) Getting away from Scamp now, did any of you notice that Part 5 in both Me, or Her and Hate, or Love are titled "A True Lover's Heart"? I honestly didn't come up with that until I started Part 5 in here, but I love the idea! .w.

So, I guess Cedarfrost chose love over hate now! I truly hope all of you enjoyed this story as much as I did - or maybe even more! If you are sad that this is over, it would be very appreciative if you check out some of my other writings on Wattpad. Maybe you'll like something as much as this one, who knows?

Thank you all for reading, and please remember to Vote, Comment, Add, and Share! :3

#Scampfrost