Chapter 19 ~ Secrets ~

Heathens.

(Bucky's Pov)

Why do I feel so.. jealous? I hate her, she hates me. I'm mad about Steve kissing her but I have no reason to be.

The way her eyes drift slowly into mine every time. It's intoxicating. Like something inside is dragging me into them, reeling me in. It could kill me slowly and I wouldn't even notice because I am so mesmerised by her deadly beauty.

No, no, no, no. I can't- why- no I can't like her, it's impossible, unrealistic. But the way her body flows like a river across the floor. How her body moves as she fights, the only flaw then is her empty eyes. However, that changes when she is herself, the stunning, hypnotising emeralds as eyes, full of life, unlike her alter ego.

No-

I'm broken out of my trance when y/n glides across the room. I instantly turned my head away from her, for some reason still angry.

(Y/n Pov)

I turn to face Bucky, considering we are on better terms than we have been. He looks away, which isn't that surprising we have an on-off relationship, one minute we could be screaming our lungs out the next having a friendly conversation.

"Mr. Barnes, Miss. Stark. Mr. Stark requests your presence in the conference room." The AI echos around the room.

We head to the conference room and sit down, wondering what this is about.

The screen lights up, holographicly presenting Tony's I-pad that he controls. It shows many files, presumably from HYDRA based off of the layout. I swallow a lump that formed in my throat as my eyes land on a file that read 'The Red Soldier'.

Shit, shit, shit.

Bucky must've noticed it too as his eyes scan my face for my reaction, I keep it neutral although I am internally freaking out.

"They files we managed to retrieve from HYDRA have uploaded onto my I-pad. They have interesting stuff on them." Tony explains.

He clicks on a file named 'future plans'. Which leads us to a document with pictures of all the Avengers and their information, all of them were planned to be assassinated. However the plan was on hold.

"Oh, well at least it's on hold." Sam's eyes are glued to the holographic screen.

My nerves grow more and more as we make out way through the file. Closer to my file. A cold sweat forms on the palm of my hands.

Tony switches the file, to the one labelled, 'The Red Soldier'. "Wonder what we can find on here." Tony expresses.

I see Natasha glance my way for a brief second. My breath hitches in my throat, my face desperately trying to remain emotionless. I've never seen the file, but I know what's on it. And it doesn't look good for me.

"Damn, it doesn't include personal info, just what she has done and what HYDRA has done to her." Tony acknowledged.

"It could still hold useful information." Steve looks on the bright side, being the optimistic person he is.

"Let's see it then Stark." Thor demands.

Tony opens the files and it shows on the holographic screen, I wish it could flicker away, no one knows my secrets.

They can't know it's me.

Across the screen a list, in chronological order, every, well most events or movements or nightmares flood the screen. 'Super Soldier Serum administered', 'training with The Winter Solider'.

Memories drown my thoughts, my eyes, my life. Flickering on the screen corresponding with the flashbacks.

I felt the icy, metal needle dig into my veins.

I try to blink it away, obviously failing. I fell the pain all over, yet I still stay strong hiding my pain, thoughts, everything.

I felt the oozing blue liquid squirm through my veins, staining them as it went.

Stopping, I can breathe again.

Tony's scrolling thankfully broke me away from these thoughts.

"Woah, that is alot of torture and killing. Although I wonder what I means by 'unlogged event', anyone know what It could be?" Tony pondered.

Of course I knew what it meant. But I'm not admitting it, that's too obvious. I just shook my head, only two people know I am lying. Bucky and Natasha. I can only hope they will keep my secret.

"Probably nothing important." Sam reasons.

Nothing important. Because that's all it is, right? Nothing important.

Next on the screen was a file extension, reading the list of people I was sold to. I saw their sick, disgusting faces centre the screen along with how much they paid HYDRA. The sight made me want to throw up, unlike the substantial amount of dead bodies I have looked in the eye.

"What does it mean by 'sold'?" Bruce questions, oblivious to my suffering.

I look down, not wanting to bear this meeting anymore.

"Y/n, do you know? You haven't said much." Tony comments.

"Uhh.. it means people paid to have control over her for a night, spend a night with her basically." I explained in the least awkward way I could.

"That's disgusting." Sam exclaims.

Tony moves on. My last known location. Just outside The Avengers Tower.

"Okay so, her last known place was right outside this building when her communication cut out. She was on an assignment to assassinate me, she hasn't returned to HYDRA and has been missing since." Tony reads off his screen.

"What if we could track her down before HYDRA?" Steve suggests.

"We would need to know who she is for that." Clint awnsers.

"It says here that her personal information at the base in siberia." Tony adds. "We could take down that base while getting her info."

"Sounds like a plan." Natasha agrees, shooting be a reassuring smile.