Insatiable Hunger

3rd P.O.V

Ever since that encounter with the masked cannibal, Gwen has been terrified of fighting. And with her broken leg, she was out of commission, at least until she could fully recover. However, as she spent her time recovering her leg, more and more bodies have been found by both citizens and the police. Reports state that all of these bodies have been half eaten and some of them have been completely devoured, leaving behind only bones. There was no pattern to the killings, showing that this person was a complete mad man. Gwen immediately knew who the news were referring to and she didn't even want to think about facing that creature again. 

Police have been doing their best to find and arrest the one responsible for these murders. So far, they were unsuccessful. Unknown to the public, the masked man had a special message for New York. 

It's midnight now, the streets are full of car lights and people just wanting to go back home. All of a sudden, the lights in the centre of New York all shut off with the exception of the cars. With no traffic lights and no lights from the lampposts and buildings, people stop in their cars and get out, clearly confused and asking what happened. Little did they realise, tonight would be their last night alive. And what a night it would be. 

In an instant, a set of lights flickered on in between two giant buildings. People began to point up and scream as they saw bodies. Bodies of officers who were bent, broken and dismembered in certain areas to form a message: 

Hungry

Within seconds of the message lighting up, haunting screams erupted from the streets as a figure landed on top of a car, crushing it. Looking up at the crowds of people, the figure smiled under their black mask. A quartet of black tendrils blasted out of his lower back and the slaughter began. The man leapt from person to person, killing and taking chunks out of them, chewing and swallowing as he moves fluidly. 

Blood and bodies fly through the air as the man uses his bare hands and tendrils to rip apart everyone. The people beg for mercy but experience none. By the end of the massacre, nobody in the centre of the city was left alive. Standing atop a literal mountain of corpses, was the man. He was hunched over, picking up a corpse and tearing it apart with his teeth, gorging himself on the flesh like a starved dog. 

He sits atop the throne of corpses with a sinister and bloodied smile, eager to devour more. Even with all these bodies, it wasn't enough...

It would never be enough for him