Day One: An Unknown Feeling (almost final draft)

The man woke up at ten in the morning to his Nephew poking him to see if he was awake.

He then sighed before saying tiredly, "What? What is it, Jake?

"There's someone at the door." His Nephew replied.

Jack then got up from the couch to open the door like the night before, but instead of two police, there was a small, black box with a red logo that looked like a pine cone.

He then saw a small key with a small red chain with weird symbols on it, spelling out:

"January 3, three days after miracles and death."

"Is it a gift, Uncle Jack?" The man's young nephew said.

"I think it is." The man replied.

"You know what Jake?" Jack said. " Why don't you watch some TV while Uncle Jack makes a call?"

"Okay," his nephew replied.

As the Young Boy went back to the sofa to watch some cartoons, the uncle went to the kitchen to make a phone call, as the black box also had a phone number written in Sharpie on the inside of the top of the box.

The phone dialed for a few seconds before the other end of the number answered.

"Hello, Cassandra Green, Sterling Neighbors?"

"Hi, this is Jack Saundering, Vincent's Brother."

"Oh, I see." The woman on the other line said. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'd like to see..."

The pain from last night came back again. He started trembling, shaking, and shedding tears.

"Are you still on the line, sir?"

"Uh, yes, I mean I want to know when I can move into the house."

"Anytime before the funeral." The woman behind the phone answered.

"Alright," Jack then said. "I'll see you at the funeral."

"You as well, sir," Cassandra said. "Have a nice day, goodbye."

As the phone hung up, the man took a deep breath before returning to his small living room where his nephew was trying to find a channel to watch.

"Uh Jake, " the Uncle said, "I'm gonna go to my room, knock on my door if you need me."

"Okay, Uncle Jack," his nephew said, before going back to watching cartoons.

The man then went back to his room and went through his closet to find anything to wear to the funeral.

Jack didn't have a lot of fancy clothing, unlike his brother, and the clothing that was was probably borrowed, for himself his normal clothing was more of just a stranger that people other than his worker peers and some neighbors from time to time, look at without more than a first glance.

The only suit that was semi-fancy, was the black suit with the scarlet red shirt that he wore once in a while.

He didn't know if red would be worn to the funeral, but when he wore it and looked at himself in the mirror, he felt a new feeling in him.

He wasn't sure about this feeling, as he had still not fully come to terms with the fact that his brother and idol were gone, and so was his wife; but when he put the suit on, he felt like both were part of him. The suit's texture felt different, instead of feeling like one in the crowd with it on, the silky texture of the red undershirt with its dark green, blackish coloring followed the black suit with what looked like small scales of reptile skin.

For once a moment was there... And then that moment ended.

The man then took the suit off and decided to get ready for the day.

While the man was in the shower, his nephew soon got bored of the TV and looked from the big windows next to him to see something exciting.

The young boy started to look around to see. The people down below were not interesting in the slightest to him, and the cars that came and went for minutes and minutes before made him bored as well.

Then the boy stared at the clouds. He didn't know why but the sight of them made him fascinated in them. The way they moved sometimes looked as if they were like a moving animation that gets either slower or faster; anyway, the way they looked different than the other ones next to them, was so fascinating to him.

The clouds reminded the young boy of old memories of his parents; memories in which he used to look up at the sky on picnics on rented private lands. His mother had a red coat on the last time, and his dad had a green one on, while he was dressed in a light blue coat with dark blue plants.

It was two days after Christmas, and the snow was starting to melt a little bit.

"Jake," His mother said in her calm soft voice, "Your Father and I have something to tell you."

"We're going on a New years trip with a few friends, but we promise to be back before winter break is done."

"Can I go this time?" The little boy asked. When it came to Holiday Trips, especially during Christmas, Jake never got to go on them, except when visiting family.

Though the young boy loved living in the a5lways longed to see other places around the world, like his parents always did, which was a contrasting mood to his Uncle Jack, who would

"Oh, we're sorry, baby" " the Boy's mother said, "But it's we're only going on a trip with Mommy and Daddy's friends."

Thank you for reading this chapter and I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING, thank you for bearing with me.

The clouds reminded the young boy of old memories of his parents; memories in which he used to look up at the sky on picnics on rented private lands. His mother had a red coat the last time, and his dad had a green one on, while he was dressed in a light blue coat with dark blue plants.

It was two days after Christmas, and the snow was starting to melt a little bit.

"Jake," His mother said in her calm soft voice, "Your Father and I have something to tell you."

"We're going on a New Year trip with a few friends in New York, but we promise to be back before winter break is done."

"Can I go this time?" The little boy asked. When it came to Holiday Trips, especially during Christmas, Jake never got to go on them, except when visiting family.

Though the young boy loved living in the always longed to see other places around the world, like his parents always did, which was a contrasting mood to his Uncle Jack, who would

"Oh, we're sorry, baby" " the Boy's mother said, "But we're only going on a trip with Mommy and Daddy's friends."

The little boy started to grow sad, and his parents started to realize that when they left for trips.

"I know you're sad, son." His father said, "And that's why I want to give you this."

The man then took something from his pocket and kneeled to his son.

"When I left for college when I was young, I gave your uncle a necklace of the ocean, and I want to give a Necklace of that too."

"But I don't like the ocean." The young boy said.

"I know," Vinny replied to his son, "Neither did your Uncle, but you know what I did?"

"No."

"I took his hand and helped him down the dock. Every time we felt the water went deeper, we put our feet in the water."

"What does that have to do with you leaving?"

"What I'm trying to say is that sometimes, small things can get over you over time, but the biggest thing I want you to know is that your Mother and I will always be with you, even when we're not around you."

Since that day, those words echoed in the little boy's brain. He kept the necklace in a small place in the drawer, so he wouldn't forget where it was.

It finally came New Year's Eve, and he waited for his parents to call...but they never did.