CHAPTER 6

"So, how's it going?" Hanbin wonders. 

"How's it going with what?" Gyuvin questions as if he doesn't know what his friend is talking about. 

"Ricky. Everything's been fine, right?" 

It was lunch time, Gyuvin was eating his food in the cafeteria with his two friends sitting down beside him. He thinks back to the past week, everything that had happened between him and the blonde. After school, they've began to go study at Ricky's house. They mostly study more than they bicker in school. When they're not in Ricky's house studying, they're in school bickering about how different they are and who's right and who's wrong. Ricky usually backs out in the end, probably tired of a overly highly conversation that has taken away his interest. 

Overall, you could say they were normal people hanging around with someone new. 

Gyuvin shrugs his shoulders as he takes a bite of his kimpap. "Everything's pretty great," the brunette replies. 

"And by "great" you mean your definition of great and not the normal definition of great, right?" Matthew inquires, wanting to make sure they were on the same page. 

Gyuvin hums, "yup..!" 

Matthew nods his head and looks away from his friend. "Oh, okay then, so everything's pretty chaotic," Matthew adds. 

Gyuvin glares at his blonde friend. "Everything's fine. I'm having pretty fun." 

"And by fun you mean by bickering so much about stupid reasons that have such an easy solution?" Matthew adds. 

Right when Gyuvin is about to respond, Hanbin interrupts the conversation by pushing a piece of crispy chicken into Matthew's mouth. The blonde melts into the taste and forgets all about whatever sort of conversation they were having. Hanbin sighs in relief. "Anyways, so, you two are getting close?" Hanbin joins in. 

Gyuvin nods his head. "Yeah, I suppose so." 

"That's good." 

"Yeah." 

"You two are very close, right?" 

"Yeah." 

"So, like, you don't mind the arguments at all then?" Hanbin presses on. 

"No. It's alright." 

"Okay, so if you're close, then you can eat lunch with him right?" Hanbin questions. 

Gyuvin hums, "yeah, anyway what's with all these—" 

"—Great! Then you can go eat lunch with him now!" The next second Gyuvin is pushed off the seat and he stumbles over his footing before he straightens himself back up. Gyuvin looks at Hanbin in confusion. 

"What is this?" Gyuvin wonders, not knowing what his friend was up to. 

Hanbin flashes him a warm smile. "If you're close, then, go eat with him. Oh, and ask if he wants to join us after school for a friendly group hang out." 

Gyuvin lets out a sheepish laugh. "Pfft, why would I do that? There's no way I'll ever go and sit—" 

"I'll buy you mangoes after school!"  Matthew intrudes. At this, Gyuvin goes quiet and his lips turn into a pout as he finds himself hesitating to say no to that. It's been forever since he had them. He did quite miss them. 

It's not like, it'll kill him to eat lunch with Ricky. Plus, he's all alone. 

Gyuvin drags out a long exhausted sigh before he grabs his lunch tray and meets the blonde's eyes. "You mean it? You'll buy them for me?" Gyuvin questions.