6

The next morning, I woke up to the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains.
For a moment, I lay there, still wrapped in Milo's arms, thinking about the previous event from last night.

I turned my head, finding Milo still sleeping peacefully beside me, his face relaxed in slumber.
Despite the tumultuous emotions of the night before, there was a sense of calmness in his presence, and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of affection as I watched him sleep.

Carefully, so as not to wake him, I slipped out of bed and tiptoed out of the room.
Making my way to the kitchen, I decided to brew a pot of coffee, hoping it would clear my thoughts and prepare me for the day ahead. Also, to help Milo being hungover.

As the coffee brewed, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the back of my mind. What had happened between Milo and me last night? And what did it mean for our relationship moving forward?

Lost in my thoughts, I failed to notice Milo entering the kitchen until he spoke up, his voice still laced with sleep.
„Morning, Cece."

I turned to face him, offering him a tentative smile.
„Morning, Milo. How are you feeling?"

„Headache." He said as he pointed to his head.

I smiled and gave him a cup of coffee. „Here, that should help you being hungover."
He smiled and thanked me.

„So, did you sleep okay?" I asked him.
„Yeah, surprisingly well considering... everything."

I winced slightly at the reminder of the events of the previous night, feeling a wave of guilt wash over me.
"Milo, about last night... I'm sorry if things got out of hand. I should have been firmer in stopping things."

He shook his head, setting down his cup of coffee and reaching out to gently place a hand on my arm.
"Cecelia, it's okay. We were both caught up in the moment, and I don't regret what happened."

I looked up at him, surprise evident in my expression.
"You don't?"

He smiled softly, his gaze meeting mine.
"No, I don't... In fact, I really liked kissing you... even though I was drunk."

I smiled at him.
"But we have to be careful, Milo... we can't let our emotions cloud our judgment."
"You're right." He answered and looked at me.

✰✰✰

As we sat in the kitchen, the weight of the previous night's event lingered in the air, but there was also an unspoken understanding between us. We both knew that we needed to tread carefully, but there was a newfound sense of closeness that bound us together.

As we sat there, sipping our coffee, Milo broke the silence, his voice tentative yet determined. "Cece, about last night... I want you to know that I meant what I said. I care about you, and I don't want things to be awkward between us."

I nodded, grateful for his honesty. "I feel the same way, Milo. But we need to be realistic about our situation. We can't ignore the fact that you were drunk last night, and we both need time to process what happened."

Milo sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I know, I know. I just... I've never felt this way about anyone before, Cecelia. You're different, and I don't want to mess things up between us."

I reached out and gently squeezed his hand, offering him a reassuring smile.
"We'll figure it out, Milo. We just need to take things one step at a time and communicate openly with each other."