Chapter 1: Niall, Lucinda, and Rosina

Niall POV

Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry and I were watching this movie called Smiley. I was pretty creeped out by it. "I'm getting some popcorn" I said. "Okay" they said in sync. "Creepy" we all said in sync before laughing. I went into the kitchen and peered out the window. It was storming, full-out.

But then I noticed that the lightning was green. "Whoa! Green lightning!" I shouted. Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Harry poked their heads in curiously in time to see the lightning again. "AHHH!" screamed Louis. Liam, Zayn, and Harry jumped in shock, but they seemed to be stacked up because they fell, groaning in pain.

Lucinda POV

Mentally, I was freaking out. Evanora was causing green lightning in the mortal world! Theodora was no doubt going to summon fire in the sky. I got out of my house built in the trees, pulling on my low-top black Converse.

 I grabbed a nearby vine and swung, wrapping my legs around, hands gripping it. I dodged a flying baboon. Crap. Was Evanora getting her power back again? Or had Theodora taken over her older sister's minions? I mean, her OLDEST sister. Rosina didn't have minions.

I slid down, landing smoothly on a rock. I sprinted through the woods, towards the mountains. The flying baboons would be able to get me easily, but I knew my way up those mountains to my 'safety shelter.'

I clambered up the mountains, entering a cave. Heart pounding, I hesitated to slow down and see if the baboons would following. But now, I rejected the idea. I slid down some smooth stones, landing on a large soft spot of moss in front of a steel door.

I froze when I heard the familiar sound of baboons screeching and wings flapping. I used light to blind them, threw open the steel door, and slammed it close, locking it. I jogged through my safety shelter, threw open a trapdoor, and closed the door, sliding down the ladder.

I walked along the cave, staring at my converse I had found in a river one day. They had fit me perfectly. I finally reached the wooden door. It was round, shaped perfectly like an oval.

I opened it and closed it, summoning a hole. I got out of the trunk of the tree I was in and closed the hole. I was by a huge lake. Throwing up one hand, a beam of light shot up into the sky. I noticed Marigold, a witch name Glinda's sister, across the lake, eyes closed, wind coming from her palms, golden-blonde hair blowing slightly in the breeze.

I closed my own eyes, shadows erupting from my other palm.

Rosina's POV

I was meditating deeply in the shadows of the lake. Marigold blew her wind, an old, white-haired Evanora summoned green lightning from her shack in the Outlands, Theodora threw fire from her castle, Lucinda bent the light and dark, and my temporarily heightened senses sensed Glinda coming as well. Rocks flew around me, shooting into the sky.

Glinda entered. Water rose from the lake. My eyes flew open. The scene above me was... amazing. Green lightning and fire seemed to have a dance. Water floated around, wind and shadows surrounding it. Rocks, pebbles, and stones did an intricate waltz with the light. I saw Glinda, Lucinda, and Marigold staring in awe, too.

I did a double-take at Lucinda. She was here! Alive!

Niall POV

"What the hell?" Louis said as fire, water, rocks, shadows, and light appeared in the sky. No one else seemed to notice, even though the sky had turned sunny.

I kind of freaked out when everything in the sky from the lightning to the pebbles formed together into a huge orb before throwing itself at us. "AHHHHHHHHH!" we screamed before the orb hit.

I only remembered a green female face apear in the flames before I blacked out.

Lucinda POV

All the elements clashed together into a sphere. The light and shadows circled each other in the very middle, water and wind twirling around it. Rocks, pebbles, and stones were blurs, sometimes diving into the water or weaving between the light and the dark. Fire seemed to be battling the water and wind while lightning shielded all of it.

"Its beautiful" I whispered. Then the sphere flew off and there was an explosion. I was thrown back, hitting the tree I had exited out of. My head hit the bark and I blacked out.

Rosina POV

Five human bodies fell from the nearby waterfall, sinking deep into the lake. Throwing a hand out, a smooth slab of rock carried out 3/5 of bodies. Glinda finished the rest. I studied the ones I had "carried" out: one blonde one, one curly-haired one, and one in a plaid shirt.

The other two were just as handsome.  I kneeled over the curly-haired one, leaning over him with a worried expression on my face. His eyes flew open. They were a bright, emerald green. "Oh, good. Your alright" I said, lips pursed into the smile.

"What happened? Who are you? Where am I?" he groaned. "Well, aren't you full of questions? Well, I'm not sure what happened. I'm Rosina and your in the Land of Oz" I answered.