𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Rafe quickly snaps back to reality and realises what he has done. The look of stress fades from his face as his face drops, he goes pale, almost like he was a ghost. He try's to process what he's done and breaks down, in denial he had actually done this.

Ava who was in a flinched position, slowly stands up straight in shock, trying to unpack everything that had just happened and checks herself for any blood and bullets, none? If he didn't shoot her then who did he shoot?

"Dad!" Rafe cried he rushes over to him, Ward is now lying on the floor holding his wound which is in his chest and is grunting in pain, "Dad I'm so sorry this wasn't supposed to happen I didn't mean to, it was just the pressure I don't know what happened." Rafe stutters, struggling to get a straight sentence out. Wards face leans towards Rafes, "Dont be sorry son, this was coming my way anyway." He slightly smiles at him. Rafe grabs his hands "I'll get you help dad, you're gonna be okay alright? I'm so sorry" Ward chuckles which turns into a cough. "Rafe, Im sorry for being such a bad father to you, mabye in the next life, I can make everything up to you, I hope you can keep our family together when im away, that's my one wish son." Rafe starts to break down again as he says this, they both know he isint going to make it. The bullet is inside his lung. Ward smiles at Rafe as his hand slowly loosens from Rafes. "I love you dad" Rafe sobs.

Ava runs over to Rafe and hugs him tight. "This is all my fault" He cry's while grabbing onto Ava tightly. "Shhh.. It's okay." She reassures him while he leans his chin onto her shoulder and sobs uncontrollably, Ava seeing Rafe this upset breaks her heart but knows it for the best.

After ten minutes of hugging and crying Rafe lifts his head up, "What do I even do now? I mean what do I tell Rose? Oh my god Wheeze will never speak to me again." he starts to freak out again. Ava then grabs his face. "Look at me, you need to calm down okay?" He starts to take some deep breaths and stares back at her. "Here's what we're gonna do-" Ava is interrupted by the pogues bursting into the room, "Ave! There you are we were worried about you!" Pope says in relief. "What are you doing here we have been waiting for you for ages" Sarah says when her attention focuses on Rafe who was still crying. "Rafe what-" She goes to say when her attention redirects behind Rafe to her father behind him.

" Dad?" She mutters before rushing over to him. The rest of the pogues pick up on this and look to Ward, "Oh my god what happened." John B asks while rushing over to Sarah to comfort her. Rafe raises his head to look up at Sarah. "I'm sorry Sarah." He says with his voice cracking. "Sarah we'll explain later but we have to get the plane before it leaves without us okay?" Ava says, standing up. They all go to walk out of the room but Rafe and Sarah stay behind. "I don't know what happend, but this is probably for the best." Sarah looks to Rafe, her face now looks more serious and emotionless. Rafe looks at her and nods. Sarah then leans in a hugs him, this was really the only proper interaction they had since last summer. They hug for about two minutes when Sarah pulls back. "I know your scared but this will all be okay," She reassures him. He smiles at her as a tear rolls down his face, this is all he wanted, his sister back, but was it worth loosing his father for.

They all eventually make it back to the plane and take off, on the plane Rafe and Ava fill everyone in on what happened, Jj looks to Rafe, "You held a fucking gun at her again?" He says starting to get aggravated, "Hey, hey it's okay Jay, it's okay now." Jj sits back stubbornly and folds his arms.

They finally make it back to the OBX and everyone takes some time to themselves for a few days as they had such a hard week and we're so drained, especially Ava Rafe and Sarah. It tore Ava apart to return to the beach house with no cheery Meg to greet her and make her feel loved, usually when she was upset Meg would put on her favourite brownies and they would build a fort and watch their favourite shows together. Ava immediately ran upstairs and screamed into her pillow, wishing for this pain to go away, wishing it was her that got shot that day despite how much she hated Ward.

Meanwhile, Rafe had told Rose what happened to Ward, she stared at him in disbelief, "Oh my god." She gasps covering her mouth with her hand in disgust. "Get out." Rafe looks up at her with wide eyes. "I cant even look at you right now, get out!" She cry's. He clinches his fist in frustration. "You know what, I knew you wouldn't understand." He says storming out and brushing against her. He runs up to his room where he finds Wheezie sitting on his bed.

"What are you doing Wheeze" He sighs while he walks over to his wardrobe to get some clothes out. "Um rude, I just wanna see how my big brothers doing, you realise i haven't seen you in a week." He takes a deep breath, "I know, I'm sorry." "So what are you doing?" She asks smiles up at him. "I'm um, going to my friends for a while." "You're leaving again? You just came back." Wheezie complains. Guilt flushes over Rafe. "And I'm sorry for that to," He says zipping open his suitcase.
"Anyways, where's dad, wasn't he coming home with you?" She asks. Rafe goes pale again, how was he supposed to tell her this. "Ahm, he's gonna be a extra few days." Wheezie sighs. "Okay."

Rafe finishes packing and walks over to Wheezie, "I'll make it up to you, promise." Wheezie rolls her eyes. "Whatever Rafe." This makes him feel like shit, he hates letting her down. "Love you" He says while walking out. Wheezie just falls back onto the bed, she's always found comfort in Rafes room.

As Rafes walking down the stairs he runs into Sarah, "Um, where are you going?" She asks, "Oh um, Rose kicked me out so I'm going to stay with a friend." He mumbles. But in reality he actually didnt know where he was going to stay he had no one but he wasnt going to tell her that. "Alright, Hope your okay." Sarah says hugging him. He awkwardly smiles at her and continues to leave the house. Rose watches him from the window, still crying from hearing about Ward.