Sword Art Online: Fire and Forge

Disclaimer

"Sword Art Online" and all related characters, settings, and concepts belong to Reki Kawahara, ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures, and Aniplex. This fan-made story is created out of respect and appreciation for the original work and is not intended for commercial use. Characters Klein, Fuurinkazan guild members, and Lisbeth are the property of their respective rights holders. This narrative is crafted by a fan to pay homage to the expansive world of SAO and seeks to explore untold stories within its universe, without infringing on the original creators' rights.

Written by Suradeku

Illustration by Adele

Released February 29, 2024

Sword Art Online: Fire and Forge

October 2024

48th floor of Aincrad

In the bustling virtual world of Sword Art Online, Lisbeth was engrossed in her work, surrounded by the metallic symphony of her forge and the familiar warmth of the flame, the renowned blacksmith with a demeanor as fiery as the forge itself, found her task interrupted when the door to her shop abruptly burst open.

Breaking the monotony of clinking metals, in strode a man, followed by five others. Dressed in a distinct red samurai-like outfit, a red headband accentuating his short, spiked brown hair, a small goatee framing his determined expression, and a katana fixed at his waist. His brown eyes scanned the shop, settling on the blacksmith.

"Hey, you're Lisbeth right? We heard you requested some personal bodyguards," he announced, his voice echoing with a blend of excitement and nervous anticipation.

The other members shuffled nervously, their attempts at appearing formidable only managed to elicit an awkward appearance.

A man with a considerable girth, sporting abundant curly hair, restrained by a white hachimaki on his forehead, inched his way forward, "Woah, she's cute, don't ya think?" he tried to whisper, clearly speaking louder than intended.

The red headband toting warrior shoved his elbow into his comrade's gut. "Come on, Dale. We promised Kiri-dude that we'd behave if he got us this job." He cleared his throat and continued.

"The name's Klein, and these are my guild mates. Kirito sent us your way."

Lisbeth, hammer in hand, turned to face the new arrivals. Her attire was a striking blend of a vibrant red, seamlessly paired with a white apron of exquisite design. Her short pink hair framed a face marked with a few delicate freckles, and her dark pink eyes sparkled with amusement. Her gaze drifted across the six men who had just barged into her smithy, each one clad in armor reminiscent of ancient warriors.

She had been expecting this group, and now realized why their mutual friend, Kirito, felt the need to message her about them upfront.

His message, sent only minutes ago, had read, "Hey Lisbeth, I'm sending the Fuurinkazan guild your way to help with that errand. They may look a bit rough, but they're really nice guys!" - Kirito

A bit rough was an understatement. A couple of the members actually looked more like bandits than samurai, but if they were being vouched for by him, she may as well give them a chance.

Lisbeth, hammer still in hand, turned, her smile revealing a flash of intrigue. "Bodyguards in samurai outfits? I must say, I wasn't expecting such a flashy group, but I appreciate the style," she said, her tone playful yet welcoming.

"Flashy?" Dale, with a mischievous smile, turned to the slender, mustachioed member of the group. "I blame you, and your scruffy mustache on this one, Dynamm. It's gotta be why all the chicks think we're a group of clowns."