Honey

Owen opens the door for Morgan and the two of them walk to their seats. He picks a spot on the far right next to a window and sits on the inside to Morgan's right, that way she can see out the window. This is also great for her so that if she needs to make a hasty exit, she's close to the aisle. Once they take their seats, Owen takes out his notebook and fuzzy green ink pen and caresses Morgan's hand with it.

"Oh, that's an interesting texture, where'd you get that?" She asks, pulling out one of her earbuds.

"Oh, this old thing? I've had this since senior year of high school, I was finally able to find a refill for it." He wags it in the air like he's casting a spell. He waves it over Morgan in a circular motion.

"This semester, you are going to uncover a new power, and you're going to achieve all your goals." He smiled as he tapped Morgan's nose. "And, maybe finally have a romantic connection? Hmm?" He fluttered his long brown lashes over his hazel eyes as she giggled.

"Very funny, Owen, you know I'm not the least bit interested in extracurriculars right now, I've got a competition I'm trying to win." She wagged her finger at him and he stifled. "That scholarship award is mine this time, and I'm going to ensure I get it."

"Well I would hope so, especially since they've doubled the money"

Though Morgan had tried two previous times, and each time her dishes never made it past preliminary selections. Then, last semester, she was on trajectory to participate, but had to drop out of the running because of her mother. Since then, Morgan's been working two jobs, and an additional weekend gig just to ensure the house, and everyone within it, doesn't go belly up.

"Well, I know you're gonna snag it and bag it. You've got everything you need this time round yeah?" Owen holds her hand to assure her and she exhales with a cautious nod, she doesn't dare jinx herself.

Once the class concludes, Owen and Morgan make their way to the hallway and chat for a bit.

"Could that have been any more grueling?" Owen groans

"That wasn't so bad for a business law class, see?" Morgan proudly shows off her pristinely written, color-coded, and neatly organized notes.

"If you want, you can come over tonight, and we can study together. You can use my notes as a reference, and I'll make us snacks?" She leaned closer slowly waiting for him to answer. Owen playfully waits for her to sweeten the deal, and Morgan happily plays along.

"Come on, I'll make us gourmet finger sandwiches and hummus." she sang exaggeratedly, hoping to entice him more into agreeing.

"O'fine, you always know the way to my heart. I'll bring drinks, as always. Tahiti fruit punch!"

He gives his friend an adoring hug and signs off with their cute little handshake, a secret handshake of course.

As Morgan palmed her phone, retrieving it from her pocket, she underestimated her grip and the device tumbled onto the floor, face side down, sliding across the hall and ending at the feet of some very spiffy-looking cognac brown dress shoes.

Standing across the hall in a Dress shirt, tailored black pinstriped trousers, and snazzy dress socks, The phone's impact against his shoe distracts him from looking into his bag. He leans over to pick it up, scanning the hallway for its owner, judging from her reaction assumes she's the owner.

He carefully approached and nudged his hand toward her. Her hair was pulled back into a bun, Her black sun-pleated skirt brushed the top of her Docs. She was poised and though embarrassed, confident enough to at least wave in his direction once he spotted her. Her skin was complemented by her baby pink button-up blouse, and accenting black and silver bangles. She adjusted her glasses and waited for the crowd to disperse a bit before approaching.