1. The Beginning

Y/N POV

I was excited when mum broke the news to me. I got the scholarship to Busan Foreign school. I was changing school, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You should be excited," my mum, a tall woman with blonde hair, who is in her late thirties said to me.

"How are we going to cope up mum?" I whispered softly, nibbling at my lower lips.

We are not rich, we hardly have enough. I was lucky to even get a scholarship. My mum won't have to bother to pay my tuition fees again.

"We will find a way, I will get a job in Busan. Don't worry too much honey." She whispered back, cupping my chin.

I nodded my head in response, trying to think about the positive side of this scholarship.

At least I get to start afresh, from the beginning. This is going to be a new chapter of my life and whatever I do now is going to write my story.

Look at me honey," my mum whispered, raising my chin up.

"We have got this and we are going to survive the storms."

***
Few days later
I gulped the spit that was forming in my mouth. Fear settled in the pit of my stomach as I stepped into the hallways of Busan Foreign school. I began to hear whispers as I stepped in. I brushed my black hair with my palm, inhaling a deep breath.

"Who the fuck is that?"

"She looks strange and may I add ugly to it."

"For crying out loud, what is she wearing? Are those rags or what?"

I hugged myself tightly as I walked, maybe it was a wrong idea of wearing this dungaree. But mum said it looked nice on me though. I stared down at my old Nike sneakers, the white was already fading off but it was still looking nice.

The whispers didn't stop, it followed me everywhere I went, I was glad I came to get my locker keys on Friday, it wasn't hard to locate mine. I immediately opened it and pushed my things inside.

I noticed the owner of the locker beside mine was staring at me. I turned my head to her.

"Hello." I said, waving slightly. She was cute, dusts of freckles were splattered on her chubby cheek. She wasn't tall, and her auburn hair was packed in a ponytail.

"Don't talk to me," she whispered, trying to avoid looking at me.

"Why?" I asked, in fear that she might find me strange too.

"You will be ostracized into a loner, an outcast." She whispered.

"But I want to be friends with you." I replied, smiling widely.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Rosa. I am Min Rosa." She replied.

"Do you mind showing me around?" I asked, hoping for a positive response.

She locked her hands with mine and we began to move around.

She showed me the library, the music room, the staff room, all classes and the janitors closet where all kinds of shenanigans were performed. She picked the cafeteria as the last place to show me.

"This is the cafeteria." She said as we both stepped into a huge noisy room with lots of chairs and tables. The atmosphere made my heart beat. The room smelled of food, mostly cheese , fried chicken , kimchi with tteok-bokki.

I looked around, everyone here seems happy. I could see the jocks tables, their jerseys gave them away, the tech savvies had laptops and tabs on their table. The emos, queen bees, the nerds and geeks. Every category were here, I smiled. This was actually cool.