2. New Home

Y/N  POV

"How was school today?" Eomma asked, she was looking at me expectantly.

Images of everything that happened flashed through my mind repeatedly.

"Fine eomma." I replied, sulking. I hate it when I lie to her, it makes me feel bad. But eomma already has a lot to bear now, I don't want to add more to the burdens on her shoulders.

It wasn't easy getting this job, though I don't want her doing this job. But it is the only way we can survive. We at least get to eat free food, even though they were mostly left overs. I don't mind. We were given a room in the mansion, not even in the maids quarters.

Eomma said we were lucky, but I really don't see any luck in her working as a maid for a rich obnoxious family. I hated the fact that she has to clean up the house after them and also cook for them.

"Hope you made new friends?" Eomma asked, watching me carefully. I forced a smile, trying to hide the fear I have been feeling since I got home.

"Yes, "I replied. At least I made a friend, Rosa was my friend now I guess.

"You need to meet Mrs Jeon, she really wants to see you." Eomma gushed. I scowled, I couldn't help but wonder why the lady of the house wanted to see me.

"Don't give me that look, she is a nice person and you are going to love her." She added, holding my hands.

"I think she wants you to meet her son, some little Introduction is bound to happen." She said smiling, she began to wiggle her brows at me.

"MOMMM!" I exclaimed loudly.

"Stop it,"

"You can't blame me, I heard he is a little good-looking. A drop dead gorgeous." She replied.

"Eomma!" I exclaimed again.

"Okay, okay. My mouth is sealed. I won't say anything else again. I won't mention the fact that he is your age mate and he is...."

"Mumma!" I exclaimed loudly, stomping my feet against the floor.

"Even if he is good-looking and hot. Let's not forget we are lacking and they are not. You know how rich kids are and how they treat us like dirt. It is still going to be the same, things are not going to change. He is not going to be interested in someone like me." I shouted.

"Because I am not in their league." I whispered softly.

"Y/n," eomma said hugging me.

"Did something happen in school that you are not telling me?" She asked, rubbing my back.

"No eomma," I whispered softly.

"Eomma, do you think we can leave Busan?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer.

"What makes you ask that." She replied, chuckling.

"This is our new home y/n , we have come here to stay." She added.

I blinked my eyes, trying to push back the tears that threatened to fall. I won't let them ruin me. I am going to make sure I survive senior year, get good grades, graduate and go to college.

Eomma insisted I helped her prepare dinner for the Jeons, I could not refuse her. And here I am slicing onions on the kitchen counter, my eyes were burning and the sensations were making my eyes teary but I persevered.

The kitchen was huge and luxurious, the aesthetic design was special. The structure was amazing, the design shows the designer paid great attention to it, the counters, cabinetry and the flooring was perfect.