||Chapter 18||

You began to wonder where your relationship with Severus would lead to. Would it get better? You hope so. What would happen afterwards? Does this mean that both of you are together? The feeling was mutual, right?

You couldn't help but blush as you bit into your bacon and eggs sandwich. All you could think about was him, all you wanted was to be with him. But unfortunately for you, Severus is your professor at this time. It is going to be hard for you to get close to him since it's still technically taboo even though you fell in love with him when he was a teenager when you went back into the past.

You let out a sigh, you didn't want to think about that. You were just satisfied and glad that Severus still felt that way even after so many years. It almost seemed impossible, but you trusted him. You still had feelings for him, there was no doubt in that. Speaking of him, isn't potions your first-

"(Name)."

Your head snapped towards the sound of someone calling your name.

"Oh, uh. Yes?" You stammered out loud

"How was detention with Snape? I heard you got into one last night." One of the Hufflepuff students asked as they also ate their breakfast.

"It's the same. He made me arrange some things, that's all. why do you ask?" You raised an eyebrow at them, growing even more confused when you saw them freeze for a second before blinking a few times.

"wait, what do you mean 'he made you arrange somethings'? are you saying that's all you did?"

"yeah. why?"

"that's all you did??" The other Hufflepuffs joined in.

"yeah."

"was he scary?" They asked once more, even more, curious and sceptical to the way you responded. You thought back to the moments you had with him. Severus isn't that scary. Well, maybe sometimes.

"well...50/50." You smiled before taking the biggest small bite out of your sandwich. As you chewed your food, their lack of response made you sceptical and confused, "What?"

"50/50?" They repeated.

You rolled your eyes, wiping your mouth before gulping all of your food down. "I meant-He's...yeah. maybe. Yeah. He's scary."

You found yourself looking back at the table where he ate his breakfast too. Refraining from smiling just in case it raises suspicion from the fellow Hufflepuff.

"Anyway, go eat your breakfast, will ya?" You deadpan at them before consuming the rest of your meal.

For the first time in your life, you actually looked forward to potions class with Severus. After months of being stuck next to each other because of that incident, you found yourself missing his constant presence even more now. You couldn't wait to see his face again. To talk to him. To spend more time with him. Even if it means getting in trouble with Filch or Dumbledore. Just for a little while longer.

Even if it's not forever. You were the first one to the dungeons (where the potions classroom was located) to find the Potions Master already waiting for you inside. Your heart started beating faster and you smiled brightly at him when he spotted you. He didn't smile back.

"Good morning, Professor!" You beamed at him as you took your usual seat on your cauldron.

"Morning." He said in a monotone voice. You looked around the room to make sure none of the other students had come in yet and when you were confident in doing so, turned back towards Severus still with a smile on your face. He didn't notice the small twitch of his lips from how much he tried to keep them in check. Even though his voice was dull, his gaze never left yours. You gave him a nod before taking out a piece of parchment, breaking his gaze as students filled his classroom.