"Again?"

A/N:
This fic is a sequel of my last, Hotel OJ: Behind the Scenes, one that's been on AO3 for almost a year now. I've finally decided to post it on here too, for anyone who maybe doesn't read ao3 -- but has read HOBTS.

Trigger warnings for this fic will be in the description, be wary of them constantly & only read what you can handle.

(For anyone wondering, yes, they're objects in the og hobts & humans in this one. Which is why I'm rewriting that fic-- so it can fit into the proper narrative that's been established since then)

Either way, enjoy the story :)

_________________

Stepping forward, he raised his hand in the air and pointed his finger. He was beaming.

"This, is Inanimate Insanity- Sea-sooonnn-!"

_______________

April 3rd, 2021.

The first episode wrapped up neatly, and Mephone smiled to himself.

It was dark out now- and pretty much all of the contestants were sleeping in the cabins they were assigned. At least- he thought they were sleeping. What else would they be doing?

Mephone was strolling around outside, walking on the beach. It was peaceful.

The new season was going fine so far. Sure, the... 'fan favourites'' reactions may have been somewhat off- but most of them got their acting together when they were 'told' they were a favourite. They shouldn't take up drama, ever though.

He tried to whistle.

As he went on, he found a nice spot with a large rock, and a good view of the ocean.
He hopped up and sat,- thankful for the fact he didn't get cold like humans do. That was one of the good parts about being a robot.
There weren't many good parts, though.

But- he could think of another one. Eating cookies and only cookies with no consequences.

He tapped on his bracelet device to activate it, and generated a cookie.

Just as he was about to take a bite, he felt his arm being grabbed.
He flinched- but relaxed a little when he saw it was just OJ.

What was OJ doing up? Shouldn't he be sleeping too?

"Mephone."
OJ spoke, in his 'stern' voice.
"Hm?" Mephone looked at him, as casual as ever.
OJ then sighed, and pinched his forehead with his fingers sighing.
"Mephone, what are you thinking? What is this?"
Mephone only raised an eyebrow, "Whaddya mean?"
OJ huffed, "This! The- the whole thing! The doctored tickets, the- island, the show?!"
Mephone just smiled, and looked away back at the ocean.
"New season." He answered, dryly.

OJ let out yet another one of his exasperated sighs, and came around to sit on the rock, beside Mephone.
"You can't.. act like it never happened,- like this, Mephone."
Mephone remained silent for a minute, before replying.
"Act like what never happened?"

OJ gave him one of his looks.
"Mephone.. you learned how to properly walk again by yourself four months ago. You can't rush into things like this..."
Mephone didn't look at him. All he did was tilt his head further away.
"Paper was fine with it."

OJ paused.
"I-, look. Mephone, I know everyone else was on board, and you all thought it would be funny to 'surprise' me, but you.. you can't just.."

Mephone felt his hand twitch a little.

"Can't what?"

"Do this. Mephone, you're not ready to.. do all this yet. It's only been a few months and-", "And what?"
OJ stopped.
"Excuse me?"