Files, Names, Chatting

(A/N-
Early chapters of this were written a year ago, or month ago. So trust me it does get better as it goes on)

Cabby sat in her wheelchair, a blanket draped over her- it was breezy out.

Reaching behind her, she opened the box attached to the chair and felt around with her hand, until she felt the engraved 'O' in the metal of one of the compartments of the file box.

Eventually, she found the 'ocean' one.

Opening it, she read, pushing up her glasses.

'The ocean provides more than half of the oxygen we breathe!'

'The ocean covers roughly 70 percent of the earth!!'

Cabby sighed, closing the file.
No matter what she did, she couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of what had happened earlier today.
Someone had been rooting in her stuff.

Cabby understood that Fan and Test tube were curious and inquisitive people, of course- that was written in their files, but...
She didn't want people stealing or- taking her stuff without asking.
She needed that stuff. Without it, she didn't know anything. At all.
Her memory really, really sucked.

But Fan was elimated now.

Sighing, she let the folder slip out of her grasp, and it landed in the sand.

She stared mindlessly out into the ocean. No file could show how beautiful things are.

She wondered for a moment.

She used to be able to swim, before... well.
She got stuck in a wheelchair.
The thought of all that made her shiver, prompting her to grip onto the blanket that lay over her.
She let out a shaky breath, and decided to reach down to pick up that ocean file.

When she bent down, she noticed something in the sand.
Forgetting about the file, she stretched over further.

It was dark out, so she couldn't tell exactly what it was.
But it was... purple-ish?
She poked at the strange thing with her finger, and immediately flinched back when she felt it was gooey.
She sat up-right, and narrowed her eyes at it.

It disolved into the sand.

Cabby raised an eyebrow. Was that real? Or was she just really tired, and touched a wet clump of sand?
She figured it was the second.
Her eyes darted around the area around her, and she remembered the file.

Quickly, she bent down and picked it up, quickly shoving it into her file cabinet on the chair, and slamming it shut.
She then grasped the wheels of the chair, and thrusted forward, then to the side.. and back. Turning around.

The sand made it difficult, but not impossible.

She decided she should go to bed.

She pushed the chair back the way she came, leaving tracks in the sand.

————

"Now now, don't fight like that.."

Nickel and Balloon both stopped in their tracks, simultaneously turning to the woman that stood leaned against the doorway.
Nickel gulped.
"Hey?! What are you doing here?" He spat, confused.
Tea kettle only sighed with a smile, "I could hear the yellin' from my cabin, boys. Ya' weren't exactly discreet."
Balloon stared down at the ground, folding his arms behind his back.
"Well- Nickel's the one that came in here and started it! I didn't even do anything!"

Nickel scoffed, and rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, right. Acting like you didn't-" Nickel was cut off by a pinch on his cheek, causing him to let out a yelp.
"Now now, stop all that useless back and forth blaming. It'll get you nowhere." She stated, letting Nickel go,- his cheek now marked a shade of red.