038 - 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐧'𝐬

BLOOD BORN • CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ 038. christmas at the swan's.

— in which valera and embry join the swan's for christmas

𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄. Valera was finally relaxing into the atmosphere of no problems arising, where Embry would teach her how to play some video games with him, Valera would force Embry to watch all of the Star Wars movies, Seth would be a nerd and excitingly described some of his favorite book plots to her, Leah finally mellowed down enough to spend weekends shopping with her (despite her constant look of agonizing pain when looking at girly items) and Emily would teach some of her recipes to Valera. Christmas was coming and Valera heard from Bella for the first time since Renesmee was born.

"What?" Valera asked, moving to a quieter area since the boys were making such a racket inside.

"Christmas Lunch on Christmas Day at my house." Bella repeated.

Valera smiled a little watching as Embry stood at the door frame to check and see that she was okay. "Who's gonna be there?"

"Charlie, Edward, Renesmee, Jacob will probably want to spend some time with her too." Bella began, "Sue Clearwater will be there so Seth and Leah are coming too but I really want you to be there, like old times."

Valera sighed a little at the words 'old times.' The girl had so many memories during her childhood but all she could truly remember in detail were the worst memories. She just wanted to focus on making her future better.

"I'll be there with Embry." Valera finally answered, trying to write the letter 'B' in the air for Embry to decipher.

Bella laughed the tiniest, "Good!"

Valera leaned into his side as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. "A Christmas party at the Swan's residence. Just you and me with Seth and Leah. There will also be Edward, Bella, Charlie and Renesmee of course. Sue and Jacob. That's it."

Embry smiled, rubbing her back. "I go where you go."

And that was that...

Embry Call was secretly excited to spend Christmas with his best friend - Jacob. Especially since he hadn't seen him for what felt like ages. The boy walked up the small steps outside Charlie Swan's house, beside Seth and Leah. Seth eagerly knocked on the door, bouncing up and down like he was about to run a sprint race.

"Would you stop jumping?" Leah snapped at her little brother, earning a small laugh from Embry.

"It's Christmas!!" Seth cheered, stopping his little bounds when the door opened.