10 - mum

"We're finally here." Your mum and dad step foot into the villa, the place you recently called home, looking around, as more bodyguards circle the parameters of the villa. All the maids and bodyguards bow and greet your dad and mum, as you slowly walk down the steps to greet your parents.

"Mum, Dad, you're here." You seem a little more energetic than before, smiling a little at your parents, as your mum held on to you, hugging you tight.

"Darling...how are you...are you better now?" You nod, smiling softly. Your father motions for you to sit on the couch beside him, as you do. "Hi, Dad." Your dad strokes your head softly. "Mum told me about Heeseung...and...Eunji? The girl that humiliated you? Their engagement news is all over Japan too...the 'powerful' Samsung-Hyundai couple." You stay quiet, feeling your heart ache.

"I actually...want to introduce you to someone in a few days. We will have dinner with the Yoons. President Yoon and his family." You look at your dad in surprise. "I am here on a business trip, but I am here to also rebuild your reputation. No one has ever disrespected me or your mother. And so goes for you, Leonor. We will be meeting the Lees soon as well, and till then, I want you to know, that I'm so sorry this world revolves around selfish, entitled and proud people. To them, status and power is everything."

You listen to your father's words carefully, staying silent. "And I am aware...that not everyone knows you're my child, Leonor." He continues, "Not that you being the Prime Minister of Japan's only child matters, but...sometimes, these things have to be made known so that people respect you, because they respect me, and they respect Japan, isn't it?" You nod quietly.

You turn on the TV for your parents, your eyes widening in surprise. "Japan's Prime Minister Kim Kushio Fuida and his wife Nakomo Akane have landed in Korea just today." The news reported on the TV. Your father sighs, looking at the news. "I'm due for a press conference now...Leonor, you will be following your mother and I to a public lunch and dinner tomorrow, with President Yoon and Prime Minister Han."

--------------------

You were in bed that night, scrolling through Heeseung's Instagram, feeling a pang in your heart, trying not to shed tears again. "Heeseung...I-I wish...this was all a nightmare..." you feel your heart almost done giving up on Heeseung, falling asleep.

The next morning, you were awoken by the maids, that dress you nicely in long dress pants and a blouse, combing your hair and helping you put on some heels. You take your bag, before entering your car after your dad and mum in theirs.

Jaeun sends you a text that she went on a date with Jungwon, and she'll be back after dinner. You reply to her, as Gaeul sits beside you, while your driver drove to the Michelin restaurant where the President was.

"This is my daughter, Leonor." "This is my son, Jeongin." You smile politely to Jeongin, with his father and yours speaking to one another about country affairs, trying to speak to him. "H-hi.." Your voice came out soft, as you spoke to Jeongin who came to sit beside you.

"Hi, Leonor." You shake his hand after he stretches out to shake yours, smiling slightly.

"Children, we do have something to tell you both." You look at your father and President Yoon. "You both...are getting married." Your mouth opens in surprise and shock, turning to look at Jeongin, who had the same expression.

"W-we...are?" Jeongin was shocked as well, looking at you. "I-I...excuse me." You get up to walk out of the restaurant, as Jeongin goes after you.

You walk along the garden outside the restaurant, trying to process what was happening. "Leonor!" You hear Jeongin's voice, looking at him. "Jeongin..." You glance at Jeongin who seemed to be worried for you. "I...I got worried seeing you rush out like that." You shook your head, "Sorry...I was a little overwhelmed." Jeongin nods in understanding.

"May I?" You nod, as he gently grabs your hand to sit you down on the bench. "To be honest...I don't think this is a bad idea...if anything...I used to think you were way too out of my league." You chuckle, looking at Jeongin. "R-really? But shouldn't I be too out of your league...? You're the son of the President...My dad's just the Prime Minister." Jeongin chuckles.

"Either way...I don't care about our dad's titles. I just want you to know...I'm open to giving us a try...if you'll let me." You stay silent for a moment, before smiling softly, nodding.

"Okay."