Twenty Four - Night Out

Later in the evening, as we'd planned we met up with the future alpha and beta of the lycans. We invited Mia and Zor along, but they'd decided they wanted to spend time alone and getting to know one another, which was completely understandable. I wish I had more time to spend with Xenophon back when we first connected, but we were busy saving my life. Now, it seemed all of that would be nothing more than a memory.

We met up with Maddox and Theo at the town center where we'd met up with Alpha Lycus previously. We see them standing there and Thane waves over to his friends. They greet us with smiles and after a bit of smalltalk, Theo makes a suggestion.

"Would you two like to go to the lycan city nearby? You two could fly and we could meet you there. It really isn't terribly far," he suggests. Thane looks at me for approval, but I shrug my shoulders.

"I think it could be fun," I say.

"Whatever you want to do," he gives me a genuine smile back. If you didn't know, I could see how someone would think we were mates. He genuinely treated me as such and was as loving and caring as I'd assume a soulmate would be. It was no secret that he was likely hoping we'd reconnect too.

"I'm always down for an adventure," I smile, growing a bit excited at the idea of going and seeing new things again. It would be a good distraction from the past few days. "Have you ever been there?" I ask Thane.

"Many times. They might kick me out if they see me, though," he jokes.

"If they threw you out it would be because of the time you flew up and perched on the Lycan King's statue," Maddox laughs out.

"He almost beheaded it," Theo tells me, laughing like the other two men.

"I'll buy your meal if you do it again," Maddox says to Thane.

"Buy both of our meals and I'll do the Lycan King and the Moon Goddess," Thane winks.

"I'll pay for Morgan's for that," Theo laughs.

"You're on," Thane smirks. I roll my eyes, knowing these three were up to no good, and I was sure they were like this in their younger years too.

"We have to go inform my father before we leave but we should be good to go. Come on, you can meet Theo's father too," Maddox waves us along. We follow behind the two lycans, chatting along as we go. We step before the largest building in the pack and I assume this is where the Alpha spends most of his time and where Maddox's future lies. As we approach, Alpha Lycus and another man step out the door, seemingly lost in conversation until they see us.

"Father," Maddox approaches his parent.

"Yes, Maddox?" Alpha Lycus asks, stopping just a few feet from us.

"We would like permission to go into Lycos City," Maddox informs his father.

"For?"

"We're just going to show Morgan around and relive some old memories with Thaneous," he explains.

"The three of you are not to let this little human out of your sights. Lycos city can bring in some unwanted visitors," the alpha warns.

"Theo, is Nadia going with you?" The second man asks.

"No, she went back with her parents to her home pack for a few days with our pup," Theo tells him.

"Morgan, this is Theo's dad and the pack's beta Rylan," Thane introduces the other man. He looks similar to Theo but older, and it wasn't hard to tell they were father and son.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Morgan. Humans aren't common in these parts of the galaxy," Beta Rylan chuckles, extending a hand out for me to shake. I do politely with a smile.