002

꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷✎꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦ = Flashback/ End of Flashback

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

The room was cloaked in shadows, the only illumination coming from the faint moonlight seeping through the half-closed curtains. Kasia lay in bed, her chest rising and falling in the rhythm of deep slumber. Suddenly, a piercing scream shattered the silence, echoing through the darkness.

Kasia's eyes flew open, her heart hammering against her rib-cage as the remnants of her nightmare lingered in her mind like a haunting melody. Beads of sweat dotted her forehead, her breaths coming in ragged gasps as she struggled to shake off the lingering tendrils of fear.

With trembling hands, she reached out to the bedside table, fumbling for the comforting weight of her phone. As the screen lit up, she squinted against the harsh brightness, blinking away the remnants of sleep.

The digital clock read 5:17 a.m., its glowing digits casting an eerie glow across the room. Kasia took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing pulse as she attempted to push the nightmare from her thoughts.

But the images refused to fade. The darkness seemed to press in around her, suffocating and oppressive. She could still feel the icy grip of fear that had clenched her heart moments before, the phantom whispers of her nightmare echoing in her ears.

Swallowing hard, Kasia swung her legs over the side of the bed, the cool wooden floor chilling her bare feet. She wrapped her arms around herself, seeking solace in the familiar embrace as she tried to shake off the remnants of her dream.

With hesitant steps, she made her way to the window, drawing back the curtains to let in the soft glow of moonlight. Outside, the world seemed hushed and still, a stark contrast to the turmoil raging within her.

Leaning against the windowsill, Kasia closed her eyes, letting the cool night air wash over her like a balm. Slowly, the tension began to ebb away, replaced by a sense of calm. She reminded herself that it was just a dream, nothing more than figments of her imagination.

But even as she tried to convince herself, a lingering unease remained, a nagging doubt that whispered in the depths of her mind. And as she gazed out into the night, Kasia couldn't shake the feeling that something lingered in the darkness, watching and waiting.

As Kasia stood by the window, her senses heightened by the remnants of her nightmare, she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that seemed to cling to her like a shadow. The world outside appeared serene, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight, but beneath the surface, an undercurrent of tension pulsed through the air.

A sudden rustling sound from the corner of the room made Kasia's heart leap into her throat. She spun around, her eyes wide with apprehension, but the room was empty save for the faint outline of furniture in the dim light.

Her breath caught in her throat as she strained to listen, every nerve on edge. But there was nothing, only the quiet hum of the night outside. Brushing off her unease as residual effects of her nightmare, Kasia forced herself to take deep, calming breaths. She reminded herself that fear was a trick of the mind, a shadow that dissolved in the light of reason.

Yet, as she turned back to the window, a flicker of movement caught her eye. A figure stood at the edge of the sidewalk across the street, barely visible in the darkness. Kasia's heart skipped a beat as she strained to make out the silhouette, her mind racing with wild possibilities.

With trembling hands, she reached for her phone, her fingers shaking as she punched in the numbers to dial for help. But as the line connected, a sudden gust of wind rattled the windowpanes, drowning out the sound of her own heartbeat.

And then, just as quickly as it had appeared, the figure vanished into the night, leaving Kasia standing alone in the darkness, her pulse pounding in her ears. As she stood there, her gaze fixed on the spot where the mysterious figure had stood, Kasia couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched.

As the first light of dawn painted the sky in hues of pink and gold, Kasia's mind raced with a sudden realization. She remembered the pictures—photographs she had taken just the day prior, left to set overnight in her red room. With a surge of determination, she knew she needed to confront the lingering unease that had plagued her since the nightmare.

Hurriedly, she made her way through the dimly lit hallway, her steps echoing softly against the hardwood floor. The red room, so named for the vibrant hue of its walls, had always held a sense of mystery for Kasia—a place where memories and forgotten dreams lay hidden.

Pushing open the creaking door, Kasia was met with the familiar scent of old paper and ink. The room was bathed in a warm, golden light, the morning sun filtering through the sheer curtains.

Her eyes fell upon the stack of photographs, still lying where she had left them to develop. With a sense of urgency, she reached for them, her fingers trembling as she picked up the first print. It was a picture she had taken of the group of friend at the park, the trees shrouded in the darkness of night.

INT. KASIA'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Kasia sits cross-legged on the floor amidst a sea of scattered photographs, her camera resting beside her. Sunlight streams in through the window, casting a warm glow across the room. She carefully examines each photograph, her expression a mixture of concentration and satisfaction. "Not bad." She muttered as she observed the different pictures.

As she flips through the stack, her movements slow and deliberate. Suddenly, her hand pauses mid-air, and her brow furrows in confusion. She zeroes in on one particular photograph, her eyes widening with intrigue. She picks it up revealing a shot of a bustling street corner. As she scrutinizes the image, her brow furrows in confusion. Amidst the crowd, she notices a group of shady figures huddles together in a dimly lit alley. Their faces are obscured by shadows, but their body language is tense, secretive. A briefcase exchanges hands, and a wad of cash is passed between them.

Kasia leans closer to the photograph, her heart racing with curiosity. She traces the outlines of the figures, studying their gestures intently. A sense of unease washes over her as she realizes the gravity of what she's captured on film.

She reaches for a magnifying glass, her curiosity piqued. Carefully, she examines the details of the photograph, tracing the outlines of the figures with her fingertip. "What... what is this?"

Her mind races with questions, her fingers trembling slightly as she grips the photograph. She glances around the room, as if expecting someone to materialize and explain the scene before her.

With a deep breath, Kasia sets the photograph aside and reaches for her camera once more. Determination flashes in her eyes as she begins to sift through her other shots, searching for any additional clues that might shed light on the mysterious transaction she's stumbled upon but she found none.