Ch. 21

Gray slammed Sol against the stone building, getting in his face,
"You're gonna tell me everything I need to know!"

"Kukuku I'm never-"

Gray picked him up and smashed his body into the icy ground. Sol started to shiver as Gray's ice grew colder. Lucy hugged Happy as they both watched in slight fear. The ground shook again with gusts of chilly wind blowing through the town. Lucy hugged Happy tighter. Virgo and Taurus stood behind Lucy, trying to block some of the wind from brushing her skin. Gray gritted his teeth, the black markings returning on his skin. His anger started to take over. 

"Gray!" Lucy tried to call out to him. 

Sol was stunned by his powerful display.

"You better start talking!"

Frost started to form on everyone's skin, the buildings starting to ice over.  Happy's nose started to run from the drop in temperature. Loke stayed by Lucy's side, glaring at Gray.

Across town, Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail continued to fight. Hundreds of other wizards appeared in the name of Phantom Lord. Jura clapped his hands together, the ground shaking beneath his feet, a giant group of Phantom Lord members crushing beneath the earth. Lyon blasted ice beams across the way, freezing his opponents in place. Gajeel placed Levy and Erza on the ground next to him. He breathed in deep, still recovering from the gaseous air. Wendy came up behind him, her hair still glowing pink. She placed her hand on his chest, making his breathing more comfortable.

"Don't worry about me dammit, Levy needs it more!" Gajeel yelled in frustration.

Wendy looked at Levy in alarm, immediately listening to Gajeel and placing her hands over Levy's chest.

Gajeel gritted his teeth,
"All of this because of that shitty guild."

Gajeel started to remember in detail the man he used to be. The day he tortured Levy and her friends, how open she was to forgiving him, joining Fairy Tail and eventually falling in love with her. He brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Your smile." he pictured her in his mind smiling ear to ear at him.

Gajeel felt his body shake,
"It's my fault."

A loud boom echoed in the sky, Aria sent a giant sphere of pressured air towards the guild.

"Gajeel!" a shout in the distance.

Mirajane came running towards him in her Satan Soul form. A blast of energy rushing towards the trio, Mirajane blocks it with ease.

"You need to focus, for her. You don't she'll surely die," she told the iron dragon slayer. 

Gajeel felt an aura grow around him. Was it pure rage that fueled this power/ Gajeel looked down at Levy still unconscious and to the right was a knocked out Erza.

"Wendy."

The pink haired girl stared up at him.

"Keep them safe, got it?"

Wendy nodded.

Gajeel's aura grew larger, his skin starting to harden.
"No more feeling sorry for myself. I will, protect her!"

Gajeel ran alongside Mirajane into the crowd of Phantom Lord servants.

Lyon breathed heavily, noticing a shivering cold front approaching, the hair on his back standing up, "Gray."

Gray's anger only grew. His dark markings starting to take over his flesh.

Sol started to snicker.

"Speak now!" Gray demanded of him.