Ch. 4

Later that same day, everyone was at the guild looking at the request board. Natsu had his arms crossed as he scanned through the different job opportunities. Lucy and Happy were beside him, browsing as well.

"What job do you wanna do Luce?" Natsu asked, rubbing his chin.

"Anything that'll pay my rent off this month is good enough for me..." she replied.

Happy pointed at a flyer,
"Why not this one! The reward is...! Fish Fish Fish!!"

"My rent isn't made up of slimy fish, cat!" Lucy said irritated.

"Natsuuu! Save me!" The exceed cried.

"Hey look at this one!" he said ignoring them both.

Lucy and Happy scooted beside him and was about to read the job request until a long arm stretched out and snatched it from under their noses.

"Huh?!" Lucy was shocked.

They saw that it was their beloved Guild Master's arm that had ripped it off the quest board.

"What the hell Gramps?!" Natsu yelled

"This job is not for you," Makarov said to him.

"Not for us? Is it S Class?" Lucy asked him.

"It should be...but it's not listed," he answered.

"Well if it's not S Class, why can't we do it?" Happy questioned.

"S class or not, we can do anything!" Natsu preached with confidence.

Makarov lowered his head and closed his eyes gently, as if he was trying to think,
"This job is for Gray."

"But Lucy needs the money!" Natsu pointed.

"Shh shh! No I don't! Don't make me sound selfish!!" Lucy whispered with an embarrassed blush on her face.

Makarov jumped off from the counter, folded the paper up and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Warn me when Gray enters the Guild," Makarov commanded as he walked away into his quarters.

"For Gray only? But why?" Lucy questioned herself.

-

Erza and Juvia just finished cleaning her dorm of all the empty pints.

"So what did you and Gray do last night?" Erza asked tying up the garbage bag.

"Gray-sama came over and watched movies with Juvia. It was a lot of fun," Juvia replied.

Erza tossed the trash bag over her head,
"That's good. I'll throw this out for you. See you tonight!"

Before Erza stepped out the door, Juvia called out to her, grabbing her attention.

"Tonight? What do you mean?"

"Oh. The guild will be at the bar tonight...just to have a little get together," Erza told her.

"Oh okay. Juvia will be there!" Juvia said.

Erza nodded and left with the trash over her shoulder. She walked out still in her pajamas into the cold air and threw the giant bag into the dumpster, right behind the complex. She stretched her arms out high and stared up into the sky, seeing storm clouds above her head.

"Is it going to snow again?" she asked herself.

Meanwhile, Gray had made it inside his apartment and locked the door behind him. He yawned lightly and rubbed his neck.

"Man my neck is killing me..." he groaned going to lay on his couch and prop it up on a pillow.

Gray reached for the remote and turned on his television, seeing Jason interviewing Rogue from Sabertooth.