•Chapter Two•

I was cleaning down the tables of my dads restraint 'Th Wreck' I didn't know why my dad chose the name, but it had a nice ring to it. I then went over to the desk pouring coffee, handing it to a man "here you go sir." I spoke, and then turned away to place in the cash. My dad gave me a wink to say he was proud of me. Kiara was in the back making omelets. I then turned to see JJ leaning on the counter. I sighed, as I aproched him "yes JJ, can I help you?" I asked, he shrugged "were is Kie?" He asked her "in the back, she is kind of busy if you can't see." I returned, JJ sighed "look its important." He tried to reason "okay, try me." I murmured, JJ looked back at Pope who shrugged "fine, we may have found something." JJ persisted, it may have just flood me, "then I am coming." I insisted "no, pouges only." JJ returned, I crossed my arms "is Max going to be there?" I questioned. JJ placed his hands over his face "yes." He muffled. My grin widened "Kie! Uour friends are here." I chirped. Kie rushed over with a smile "dad me and Kie are out." I returned, taking my apron off. My dad sighed as we handed him our aprons following the boys.

We arrived at there usual spot to hang out. We saw Max sat down rolling a blunt. He handed JJ one. John B came down, he looked worked up "look I'm calling it off. Alright?" John declared, I was oddly confused, but everyone seemed to know what he was on about "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DC's." John B added, everyone seemed quite disjointed "and you belive her?" JJ scoffed, "yes, I belive her JJ." John B returned, "An actual cop, John B, you belives a cop!" JJ tried to comprehend his bestfriends life choices as if John B was out of his mind."All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days and she'll help me out." John B rephrased hoping the Pouges would understand. "It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun." John B added, directing his words at JJ, he seemed pissed "you know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass." JJ returned bitterly "Topper was going to drown me?" John B laughed off, "sure looked like it." JJ stated "finny." John B sarcastically said "have you looked in the mirror?" JJ questioned, pointing at John B black eye, he dis have a point for once. "Tell me some more come on." John B returned clenching his jaw "they always win don't they man? Kooks versus pouges. They always, always win! God damn!" JJ yelled, turning away in annoyance "look its okay–" Kie tried to reassure however JJ had intrupted her "No, its not okay!" JJ commented "it's not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there is something valuable down there, and you know it." JJ stated, he then turned to Pope "i know you do, and I understand why you don't want to go. Your the golden boy. You got way too much to risk." He stated, he then turned to Kie "and you, I mean your already rich as fuck anyways." JJ said to Kie, he then aptoched Max "And you, you own this while thing, your dad is Ward fucking Cameron, next thing we know you will own Outer banks." JJ chuckled, he then came close to us "And you, your not even a Pouge like us, but your the Kook princess, your Camilla Carrera, you will probably own your own business." JJ said, however he stood by John B "But you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't,  alright?" JJ stated, he shrugged "and I know it didn't used to be that way for you." He commented on John B fathers death, "I don't want to talk about this, I don't want to talk about it." John b muttured, "so that's it?" JJ questioned, John B tried to walk away "just get out of my way bro." John b pleaded, but JJ stopped him "John B listen to me, I have a plan." JJ reassured him, as if he knew what he was doing. "You got the key to Cameron big boat, right?" JJ questioned with a grin "my dad is going to kill you." Max commented taking a blunt, "No." John b answered JJ, lying "There is scuba gear. We borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon. An that is what's going to save you, man." JJ planned out, and gave John B a sly smile. "You don't see rich kids going to Foster care, do you?" JJ commented with a sly smirk that crept up on the corners of his lips.

I was sat in my jean shorts and top of my bathing suit. I placed shades ontop of my hair. I was sat beside Max, he had a beer in his hand. John B helped Pope set up the tank, while JJ and Kie talked amongst eacother. "This is an empty tanks?" Pope questioned, "okay, this one is a quatre full." John B shrugged "it's enough for one if us." Pope suggested "love it when the plan comes together." JJ sarcastically muttured, "wasn't it your plan?" I questioned raising a brow as a grin appeard on my face, JJ flipped me off "Does anybody know how to dive?" Kie questioned "uhh.." everyone mumbled, I knew how to dive  but I wanted to see this plan fail. As it was JJ plan. "Anybody?" Kie added, "I r-read about it." Pope stuttured "grate Pope read about it, so someone is going to die." Kie sarcastically noted "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe, how hard could it be?" Max questioned with a chuckle,  "if you come up to fast, nitrogen gets into your blood and you get the bends." Pope stated, JJ smirked "Bends like, bend over and–" JJ joked, bending over, "The bends kill you." Pope intrupted JJ, JJ smile faded and he stood up straight clearing his throat. "Right.." JJ returned "I, i can dive." John B suggested "You can dive, I'm cool with that." JJ commented "since when can you dive?" Kiara questioned, "I'll fo it, its fine." Kiara stated. Pope sat up "let me do some calculations really quick." Pope returned "you setious?" Max questioned "That boats about thirty feet down." Pope returned, John B nodded "okay." He mumbled "so it will take about twenty-five minutes at that depth, which means you need to make your safety stop about...ten feet." Pope estimated "alright? For ten minutes." Pope made sure John B was taking this i to consideration "yeah,yeah. Ten feet, two minutes, got it." John b mocked. O took my shorts off, reaviling my two peice. I dived down into the water. The cold touch made my skin shiver, I swam down ten feet tieing my hair tie to the line. I swam back up "what was that all about?" Pope questioned "i don't know, but I liked it, a lot." JJ mumbled, enough for me to hear. I came back onto the boat "I marked where you need to take your stop." I answered all there questions, but directly spoke to John B, he gave me a side hug, "Thanks Camilla." He thanked me. JJ cleared his throat "uh, so." JJ mumbled "All right, -yeah when you-uh when your down there, you look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twisr and pull, okay?" Pope instructed "stick in, twist and pull." John B repeated "yeah, my dad moved weight back in the day." JJ returned "who didn't?" Pope questioned "I tied my hair bubble to the anchor chain rember that!" I called out to John B, he gave me a thumbs up. "Keep an eye on this, you need to make sure you have enough air to decompress." Pope clarifid "okay, how much air do I need?" John be questioned "unclear. Breath as little as possible. Zen think zen you know?" Pope returned.

John B imitated the breaths, through the mask."Hey if we get caught in the marsh, were basically screwed so.. better get a move on." Pope suggested "copy that, Diver down?" John B said "Diver down." We all returned. Kie kissed his cheek. Which made us all confused. I saw the look on Max face, he looked jealous. John B went into the water. After hours and hours we waited. Kiara and Max sat beside eacother playing cards. While I sat beside Pope, as he told me facts about the marsh he knew. I listend, even though they were boring, I didn't care. Pope was the most kindest out of all, he was always seen as the weird one  but I think, he is the most interesting out of all. We heard siren sounds "shit. JJ. Guys that's the police." Pope panicked "oh, you gotta be kidding me!" Max muttured "yep thats the police." JJ sighed "just act frickin' normla." Kiara murmured under her breath "yeah, just a bunch of pouges and three Kooks hanging out near a marsh, nothing unusual." I sarcastically mumbled. The sirens blares "evening officers." JJ called out "evening." The said back "here." One said handing a rope to both JJ and Pope. "JJ tie it off." Pope muttured As they tied it to our boat. Max hid his beer away, while Kie hid her blunt. "How you kids doing? You know the marshes are closed?" Soup commented "no, no way." Pope sarcastically spoke for us "I didn't know that, w-why is it closed?" Pope questioned "well, we are conducting a search out here. Boat went down." Sherif Soup sated "oh." Kiara replied, as we all tried our best to look confused "seen anything?" Soup questioned. "No, no boats." JJ returned "wheres your friend you always hang out with? He here?" Soup continued to question "he's working." I returned, "hmm, I'm going to check your little boat out." Soup then climed on, we allowed him to check through it. "You got another one?" Soup asked "yeah." Jj returned "yeah, yeah ofcores its uh, its in the hold." Pope lied "show him." Soup insisted "okay." JJ hesitantly spoke, Soup checked "be careful you don't want to slip." Pope suggested "all right, beautiful day." Soup returned, as he went back onto his boat "very." JJ smiled "let us know if you see anything on your way out "will do." We all said, as they left. We all leant down looking out for John B "he has definitely ran out of air!" Pope shriked "there he is!" JJ called out, spotting John B "oh God! Jesus christ! Don't scare us like that!"  We all said "how did it go down there?" JJ questioned, John B mumbled to himself "did you find anything?" JJ questioned "did i find anything?" John B pulled out something, "yeah, there we go! Thats my boy!" JJ applauded  "hey guys? boggy two o'clock." Max called out, "do you recognise the boat?" I questioned "never seen it in my life." Kie called out "what are they doing here? The marsh is closed." Pope questioned "let's not stick around to find out. Get the bowline." JJ said. John B helped Max with the bowline,  "Should we wait on them?" Max questioned, as he then sat down next to Kie "no, were not." John B returned. The men began to pick up the pace "I don't like this." I mumbled "are they after us?" JJ questioned. The boat began to move away from the marsh, however the men followed us "hey guys, there following us." Kie called out in worry, I turned back "this can't be good." Pope mumbled "dude, you gotta go faster." JJ returned to John B who was controlling the boat "I'm going." John B called out. They began to shoot bullets at us. J ducked down. Max pulled Kie down, shielding her as he ducked down. "John B get down!" JJ yelled "were gonna to die!" Pope yelled out to himself. I groaned as I got up "get down Cami!" JJ called out. I ignored him grabbing the fishing net as I threw it, it caught the mens boat. We all cheered and rejoced.

We made it on dock. Placing everything down. As we all sighed in relife "that was insane." Kiara exclaimed. John B pulled out a capsul "what do you think it is?" Pope questioned "gotta be money right?" John b chuckled "can we please just open it?" I questioned, JJ stood up, as he looked down at me "impatient aren't we?" He asked with a stern tone "yes! I risked my life for this shit." I returned. We heard a clang on the floor, it was a metal compass "oh wow, yep that's about right." JJ sarcastically spoke in dispointment, John B opened the compass to take a look at it "good job everybody we found a compass!" JJ added, as we all groaned and sighed "dude, its not worth anything, I can help you like I said." Max returned, John B let out a soft smile "this was my fathers." John B let out a chuckle.

Little did I know what would happen next..