CHAPTER 69: Mob History 101

ODESSA

"I want to know more," Liam connects his eyes to mine and they darken again. "Tell me everything," he dooms us again but at this point—I am honestly used to it.

I push hair off my face and exhale since I'm a little rusty on the history but I do know the basics.

"My grandfather, Vladimir is in charge of the 7 families" and like real politics he is just a front man.

Switzerland if I may be so bold.

"There are 7 seats at the table of crime which means there is 7 families. The Dominaka," I point at my chest "is trade, mostly car parts and weaponry. Hidalgos are transport, anything to do with identity and legalities. The Choi's—"

"Property, I got it." His jaw clicks and I roll my eyes because he is using his bias towards Kai to be a jerk.

Which means he probably doesn't know that I punched him.

"And minerals" I enhance. "Also illegal mining and everything in between. Kai's father speaks for both the Japanese and Koreans, he has armies."

Which is why we can't risk a war with them, the union with the Hidalgo's is not final so they won't back us up. He has 7 sons for a reason and each one represents the seven deadly sins because he is seriously a bad man.

"The Russians, Spanish and Asians?" Liam doesn't seem to be digesting it well. "Who are the other four?"

But at least he is keeping up.

"The Walkers, Browns and Stewarts is the British mob, also known as the pigs because they are mostly Mi6, spies and assassins. They play the fence and are the muscle, if you want to make someone disappear? Call them."

I'm not sure who is in charge because they are also currently in an internal war that no one wants to touch. There is nothing smart about pissing off royalty and the police.

"The German and Dutch share a seat, they are the Hosslewolfs pack," I watch him closely as I add "they are technology. Social media, A.I, blackmail and surveillance. They have the politicians and leaders under their thumb."

And money, lots and lots of money.

"I'm not even going to attempt to understand that," Liam runs his fingers through his hair and exhales before nodding at me to continue.

"The Sheikh-Massimo family united through marriage and also share a seat, they are the Italians and Arabs. Currently in charge of territory and manufacturing." They are also stupid hot and the deadliest because, "they control the borders" and the terrorists.

We might have weapons but they have bombs and idiots willing to risk their lives to set them off.

"Lastly is the Africans, the Haram war lords. I can explain the details but it's all fancy words for drugs, loads and loads of drugs."

From common streets drugs like Heroin and weed to fancy drugs like coke and even medicinal drugs like Viagra. Africa has the largest underground drug trade in the world and nobody knows about it.

"Wait, Haram? As in Boko-Haram?" His face makes an expression I have not seen, "Vecker—"

"I don't know the details," I raise my hands. "The seven families have an understanding but they are not friends, so I don't know anything and I won't be the first idiot that asks."

It's a crime table, what the hell was he expecting? Unicorns and puppies? That's not in our world because my 9 year old cousin got a gun last Christmas.