EPILOGUE: Player's Guide to Catfishing

LIAM

(18 months later)

"I'm pregnant."

That sentence has been echoing in my head since she said it.

It's been 3 months since and still, I hear it like it was yesterday and my response still disappoints me because all I said was,

"Okay."

What was I supposed to say? I knew what could happen and these were the consequences of my actions.

"What about Vecker?" Tommy asked when I told my former housemates, my best friends and now groomsman about the upcoming wedding.

"What about Odessa?" I shocked even myself when it left my lips because I even said her name right.

"Liam," JJ stood up and frowned.

"Are you kidding?" Tommy was suddenly angry, "you put her through hell and this is what you have to say?"

"Ferguson," John B warned but it wasn't for my sake.

We were in public and were now sports personalities, so if we fought the paparazzi would be here in seconds and our coaches wouldn't like that. Especially since we're playing for rivals' teams and now all in th playoffs.

"No," Tommy didn't care as he stood up too. "We have been by your side through the dumbest things but this one takes the cake."

He was right but there was nothing to do because she—Vecker was gone.

I waited at the airport like we planned, two one-way tickets to anywhere in the world. We were going to celebrate me playing in the NBA and my 49 million contract but she didn't show up.

And that was the last straw because I wanted 12 months for her, an entire year for us to finally be together. I even went against the world for her and she didn't show up and now—

"Say something," Tommy looked at John B. "Anything," he begged and John B finally stood up too.

"Congratulations are in order then." John B shook my hand and even managed to smile.

"Banner," JJ was clearly disappointed in his current teammate.

"We would be honored to stand by you at the wedding Liam," I would have believed him if John B wasn't still shaking my hand.

"Thank you," I separated them and looked at the other two.

"No, I am not doing it!" Tommy shouted and earned a look from the shop clerk, "hell no! Not even if—"

"She's pregnant," I finally tell someone.

I have been keeping it silent because of the reporters but its honestly killing me inside, its too much to bare alone.

"Oh my God," JJ dropped back to his seat as Tommy's mouth hung open.

"Are you sure?" Tommy finally seems to get it, so I only nod. "Shit," he sat back down too.

"I understand if you—" Tommy shakes his head to cut me off.

"No. We are honored to be groomsman," he still couldn't look at me and I hated that.

"Like John B said, congratulations are in order" was all JJ could say and it broke my heart.

But I waited 12 months.

I bought the tickets, booked the hotels and even bought a new ring but its all pointless because she didn't show.

"Okay," I manage to say before we walk into the tailor shop.

The wedding was officially 12 days away.

Take it from me and don't use our guide to catfish someone because you might end up falling for a player but then again—it seems I brought this unto myself because I fell in love with the Dominaka mob princess.  

ODESSA

I could see the airport.

I was 5 minutes away.

5 minutes.

I could smell Liam, see his bright eyes, I could even taste him. 12 months of celibacy made me a pariah and I was ready, two one-way tickets and 2 weeks of celebrations.

I even dropped out of two shows for this, for him.

Then he showed up, the fucking grim reaper of my happiness.

Kai freaking Choi.

"Let go!" I struggled in one of the goon's arms.

Seriously?! How did I get snatched while in a cab?

"Did you really think it was over?" Kai smiled like a villain in a crime movie as they made a U-turn away from the airport

God, I hate him.

"Kai, don't do this" I screamed as a syringe was stuck into my neck, "Kai!"

"Sssh," the car started moving again but it was round and round, "time to go sleepy Didi."

"Fuck you..." my eyes dropped but I was still conscious enough to hear him say,

"I love you too."

THE END