Day One: A Day with Jake (almost final draft)

The man got out of his room with a blue outfit on, like what his nephew had on. The man's nephew then looked at him with confusion.

"Why are you dressed like that, Uncle Jack?" Jake told his Uncle.

"I gotta go out to run an errand" his Uncle Replied, "I got some clothes for you; take a quick bath and out them on before 2:00."

When Jake ever visited his Uncle, Vinny and Greta always wanted Jack to have extra clothes, just in case their return to town was delayed.

As soon as the young boy got dressed, the man took his nephews hand on his left, with the key to the apartment on the right, and locked the door to it before putting it into the left pocket of his Jacket. Both of them both ran down the stairs of the two stories below them and got into Jack's old car he's had since high school. He drove to the Grocery Store he worked at, and brought his nephew with him.

The Place was still open and running with customers, and the other employees were at their registers.

"Oh hey, Jack." One of his peers said.

Jack looked at him and waved back silently before seeing his boss Carol and waved Hi to her, as she walked down to him.
Jack then got the key to his office from Carol, and started to clean out the space. When he was almost finished and ready to leave, he saw a small shadow at the top right of the top drawer. When the searched it with his hands, he found a smaller version of the same box that was at his front door that morning, with a sticky note that said "For Jack". Inside of it was a small glass blade that blurred his eyes when it touched the sun. he then put it back in the box and went outside into the store.

"Hey Carol," Jack said as he came back from the office, "Do you know who put this box in my office?"

"No, I haven't seen that." Carol Replied.

"Here's your nephew." One of the other employees said to Jack when he was finished cleaning his office.

Jack then waved goodbye to His Boss before leaving the Store. For the rest of the day,  Jack and his Nephew Jake went out to The Park where some of Jake’s friends were playing in The Sandpits and on the Seesaws.

“Hey Jake!!” One of Jake’s Friends said, “Come Play with us!!!”

“Can I play with My Friends, Uncle Jack?” Jake asked.

“Uh, sure.” The Boy’s Uncle hesitated, “Just don’t go too far from here, Okay?”

“Thank You, Uncle Jack!!!” His Nephew Squealed. He gave him a hug before joining his friends who called him again.

The little boy then ran to his friends to play, while his Uncle sat bench right near the sandbox to keep an eye on him.  For a while, everything felt normal, that was…until the feeling came again.

His Body felt controlled, and he was trying to resist the urge to walk back into the forest. His chest felt like it was about to be split in half as he resisted the urge to fall down.