chapter 5 : performing

P E R F O R M I N G

P E R F O R M I N G

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

C H A P T E R F I V E

• • •

today's the day. it's your assessment and you're performing in front of the park jimin. you're all kinds of scared, worried, anxious, excited, giddy.

but most of all, nervous.

you've spent the last few months practising and tiring yourself out over this assessment. you cannot afford for it to go wrong, no mistakes. you've perfected your performances, you cannot allow any minor mishaps or wrong steps. no off-key notes, no wobbles. none of it.

that's what you're telling yourself as your crowded by fellow first years, all stuffed into one performance hall, with your teacher and two others at the front of the room.

majority of people have gone, done their full set of performances, and you're one of the last ones left to go.

you've watched your friends dance and sing their hearts away, with all their energy, in total awe and utter disbelief. you almost feel discouraged - there are some talented souls here and you have to prove your worthy, just like them.

that's when you're called, as your hands are sweating from the nerves.

"kim y/n." your teacher smiles, watching you stand and walk over towards the three of them.

the way mr. park is looking at you stresses you more;
he's watching you, and only you.

he runs through the rules and everything that's needed to be said and then, "you may begin your performance. good luck y/n." he smiles, nodding his head at you to take the floor.

everyone's eyes are on you, but the only pair that builds any anxiety are mr. park's as he focuses on you attentively.

you fix your in-ear before the first song starts. you'd carefully chosen the order of each song, so that they could perfectly mould and glide into one another.

the music plays and you start, every bone and muscle in your body losing any tension as you let your body go, your lungs opening up to the air as you move. the world is blocked out, it's just you and the music as you sing, letting the beat carry your body graciously. all your energy is concentrated in this moment as you lock eyes with your professor, singing as your body snaps to the drums of the song.

he looks mesmerised in the way you move, the way you sound and the stability of your voice as you effectively recreate his band' performance, in your own, unique style.