12

YOU LIKE HIM NOT ME

Matthew skipped school for three days.. He wasn't feeling good, and so he stayed home alone as Gyuvin needed to attend school.

He was making breakfast for himself when the doorbell rang. He went to open it. He was a bit surprised by the guest.

"Hanbin hyung", he called him. Hanbin smiled at him.

"Can I come in?", he asked. Matthew nodded, then Hanbin entered. He put the medicine and cake on the table. "How are you feeling?", Hanbin asked. Matthew smiled. "Better", he replied. They sat down on the sofa. "You see, I'm really sorry about what happened at the function. I didn't mean to.. "..

"No, it's fine. I understand you". Hanbin felt a little relief after hearing that. He wasn't sure if he should ask or not...

"So, about the things I said.. Do you think we both could have a chance?", Hanbin asked out of the blue. Matthew kept silent as he doesn't know how to answer..

"Matthew, I'm not forcing you but, can you give me a chance? I don't want to give up on you before I even try it.. Please go out on a date with me"...

_

It was no doubt that Jiwoong was in a bad mood. He hadn't speak with Hanbin since the incident.. . The truth was he was mad, he accepted that. But he wasn't trying to cling onto the person who didn't like him.. Plus, he had to let go of Matthew for the sake of Hanbin.. . Knowing that Matthew liked Hanbin, he had no chance of winning against Hanbin.

Gunwook sat beside Jiwoong as he stared at him. "Are you really going to give up? You won't fight for Matthew? I thought you like him"...

"It doesn't matter Gunwook, he likes Hanbin. And Hanbin is trying to court him. Do I have a chance?"...

Gunwook sighed in frustration.

"Hyung, Hanbin hyung is only doing that because of Hao hyung. He's heartbroken, so he wanted to find comfort in Matthew.. Can't you see that Hanbin hyung doesn't like Matthew that way?"...

This time Jiwoong sighed as he pat Gunwook head. He smiled at him. "I know, but I have to let them go. Ever since we're kids, Hanbin is always the one who dealt with every problem that we created. He always back down on everything that we all like, he always take the responsibility in everything. Do you still remember what happened on his 10th birthday?"...

Flashback~~

Hanbin was playing with his toy car.. Jiwoong then came to him. "That's the newest model right? Can I play with it too?", he asked. Hanbin shook his head as he tried to leave. Jiwoong got mad and he tried to snatch the toy car.. They pulled it from both side until it tore apart. Hanbin sat on the floor as he started crying.

Ms. Sung came as she looked at the two. "Jiwoong-ah, Hanbin's dad bought him the car before the accident.. It was the only thing he have left from his parents", she told him. Jiwoong felt guilty, but he was too proud to apologize..

Few minutes later, Hanbin approached Jiwoong as he gave him a mini toy car.. He also showed his.. "Why are you giving me this?", Jiwoong asked. Hanbin smiled at him. " Because we're friends. What belongs to me belongs to you too", he replied. They hugged each other as they played with the mini car..

End of flashback~~

_

Jiwoong pov

"He'd give me anything I want. It's only fair if I also give him what he wants too. I bet he will cause less trouble for Matthew than I do", I told Gunwook. The door opened and Ricky entered. He was wearing his prescription glasses again.