1

Rick panted as he dashed through the woods, tripping over himself and falling in the shallow water of the river he was being chased through. He had left Sophia behind, hopefully to slip away unharmed and get back to the highway with the rest of the group.

Trailing behind him were two walkers, the issue was - and he had told Sophia this before - he got tired, they didn't. He was hoping one would pull far enough ahead of the other for him to kill it and back off but he wasn't getting any leeway.

Rick turned back to check once more and, from in the water, a root caught his food and he tumbled into the water, his head striking a rock. His vision was fuzzy as he crawled backwards, fear setting in as the walkers gained on him, his head ringing too hard to stand up without falling.

"HELP!!! SHANE! DARYL! Fuck... GLENN TDOG ANYONE!" Rick cried out, hoping his allies heard him instead of the massive horde that had passed through around 15 minutes prior.

Splash

Splash

Both the walkers hit the ground one after another, their heads having been blown off. From a tree above dropped a figure in a cloak, a large rifle with a comically large suppressor on it was slung over his shoulder. He grabbed Rick by the arms and helped him up, steadying him.

"GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HIM" shouted Shane bursting through the brush, shotgun raised at the unknown man, Daryl right behind him with his crossbow similarly raised.

"Back off Shane" Rick said, albeit still a bit dizzy "He saved my life" Rick gestured to the dead walkers a few meters away, "Good shot too"

The two other men lower their weapons, Daryl nodding at the stranger "what's your name pal" he asked cautiously, eyeing him up and down.

The stranger removed his hood, revealing a long thick head of brown hair. He shook it out of his face, revealing his young face.
"Jack Relver, y'all?"

"Rick Grimes, I'm a- I used to be a cop. You look rather young, how old are you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, this guy was way too young to be out here alone, but he didn't see any signs of a group nearby so maybe he was wrong "you on your own?"

"15, and yeah. It was me and my dad, he was kind of a gun nut so we were armed to the teeth when the infection hit. But he got unlucky, bit on the way out of New York while looting cigarettes from a fucking glovebox. Been on my own since, kept this rifle by my side though and I've gotten pretty good."

Shane ran a hand through his hair awkwardly, "Shitttt... Rick where's Sophia?"

"She didn't make it back to the highway?" Rick said, his head snapping in Shane's direction. Daryl shook his head in response,

"Naw, ain't seen that little girl since she ran off, no sign of her on the way here-"

Shane cut Daryl off, "wait a second wait a second, you're telling me you left her alone out here? To get back on her own?"

"Hey man I don't know what the situation is but leave Mr Grimes alone, he had 2 roamers on his ass for a solid 10 minutes before I could track em down and get em"

"Listen here man, you said it yourself you don't know what the situation is so shut the fuck up"

"Back OFF Shane!" Rick said, properly getting back to his senses. Putting himself between the teen and his friend, he spoke again calmly this time "we go back to where I left her, we split up and search. Daryl take Jack to the RV, see if we can't acquaint him with the group. I'd feel a lot less safer having one child wandering the woods that I'm aware of"

Jack snorted "I could whoop your ass from here to Timbuktu"

///////////////////////////////

Just a lil preview chapter? Probably will redo once I have a concrete idea of what I'm going to do with this story, I'm just really getting back into TWD

Edit: if you want any say on whether or not this ends up being some type of crossover let me know on my message board!
-0kHomie