~19~

The time went by quickly and it's been already a week since the unexpected visit. Fortunately there any similar event didn't occur and the days were mostly calm not to say boring actually. I was a yet another peaceful... Friday, I think? Staying indoor like this made me loss the track of a time after all, there was no phone to check the date and the calendar that Dottore had expired five years ago. "We really need to by a calendar with a current year".

I was - like always - in the laboratory. Bored to death I decided to draw some floral pattern on the paper since that's the only thing that I could actually draw well.
- I am going to visit Academy soon - Dottore broke the silence
- is it the order from her Majesty?
- it is not yet about the gnosis, if that's what you think about. It's a private call from the Grade Sage

- Oh that guy... When are you planning to come back then? - I would be lying it I were to say that I was happy to receive such an information. Spending time with him and Amara was fun but I couldn't help but get bored in the mansion as there was not many things to do. Without Dottore it would be an actual disaster.
- in two to three weeks probably - he stopped filling some document and seeing what was I doing he snatched my drawing. He folded it and hid in one of the pockets
- hey... - I wanted to nag him for that, but before I could he placed a delicate kiss on my lips - not fair
- Amara probably finished packing up your things by now...
- huh?
- what? - he stood up and headed to the door. Once he reached them he turned around to face me and extended his hand for me to grab it - you thought that I am not taking you with me? There is no point for you to stay here, is there?

- Wait?! Your serious? We're going to Sumeru? - I stood up excited and rushed over to him

- Well I think it will be certainly good for your health. I am sure you have enough of this cold weather, there you will be able to spend some time outside. I believe it won't be boring for you. Are you happy?

- Definitely! Sumeru just you wait for me! - He laughed and with that we set off on our journey.

It took us about two days to reach the nation of Wisdom. To my pleasant surprise it turned out that the video game graphic was nothing compere to the reality. The rain forest and desert was much more beautiful than I imagined them to be. Through small carriage window I watched the mesmerizing view and couldn't believe it until we reached the Sumeru City.

Once we were done with the check in at the local inn, Dottore had to already leave so to finish the business as soon as possible, so we could enjoy the rest of the stay peaceful. From what I've heard from him there have been cases when Fatui merchants were attacked in Sumeru by unknown bandits. As Dottore had already plans on visiting the Akademyia, the Tsaritsa placed a request so he could look through the merchants case thoughtful. And so here I was, left with Amara who obviously came together with us. I was actually glad that the two of us will be able to spend the given time together.
As there was already noon we decided to not lose any moment, so even though the journey was exhausted we pushed the resting for another time. And so we were both sitting outside of the restaurant as we drank tea and chartered happily about almost everything.

I admitted that Sumeru left a great impression on me. The streets were busy even thought it was still early. Such a nostalgia brought back some of my memories of the past. Where I lived the city was always full of locals and tourists. It was full of life, a complete opposite to Snezhnaya. I missed thous times. Such thing made me also wonder... Amara was a young woman, with a unnaturally big sense of loyalty. She was my one and only close friend at this moment. Even though I've always seen the bright side of her, she was actually the Doctor maid. That was the thing that I usually forgot.

Although she never went with me to the laboratory - as she said that Dottore didn't like to be distributed by her, she was actually the one who was in charge of cleaning that place. The corpses, blood and guts were all taken care of by the sweet girl seating besides me. I pitied her truthfully as the weigh she had to bear was enormous one.

- are you satisfied in your current life? - She seemed to be surprised by my sudden question

- why wouldn't I be?

- working with Dottore must have been tough on you

- oh... That's what you are up to, I see... I am used to my job so it's not too much of a bother now. Master Dottore and the rest of the staff treats me very well, and... right now I have you by my side. I am no longer lonely as that was the only thing that made me a bit sad. I do miss my home sometimes, but I am actually glad that I choose this life. My Lady I'am happy - Her bright smile made my heart flutter. I was also happy that she was by my side. It made me relieved though that our fate was similar. Our road was covered in blood that Dottore spilled. She was his accomplice for a very long time now and I just became one.

But here we were chattering peacefully, laughing and having fun together. It was like a banned fruit to fell such a happiness build on others misfortune. The worst thing was that I didn't feel bad anymore about it. I had those who were dear to me by my side and it was enough.

- I'am happy that you're by my side Amara