ᯓ★ 001

And that's how it began. It was amazing, really. In the short time spent together you both were close. Two sides of the sun. The friendship blossomed and flourished brightly, but then again, that is just how things are for young children. The world is a little more saturated, the scents a little stronger. For you, life was amazing. You felt as if you were surrounded by flowers, such vibrant flowers..

You never paid much attention to the wilted rose, it was barely in sight after all. The rose, your illness, the darkness that bound you to the cold hospital, the force that always loomed just out of sight. You were just a kid. Just a kid. It didn't matter yet. Nothing really mattered, even when your new friend left the hospital, his fever cured. You'd see him again.

...

Except you didn't. Not the next week, the next month. Not the next year. Not even the year after that. Han Yujin was like a fever dream, the memory so strong but so faded. Eventually though, you got older, and so the memories were gradually lost.

...

You were in and out of the hospital when you were young, but around the age of 10 you weren't admitted often anymore. The doctors said you were getting better, and it was truly amazing. Of course, you were never completely healed. You could never really get rid of the spreading white flashes of pain in your head, the shakiness in your limbs.

But it was tolerable, your illness didn't scare you, it was like an old friend. That one friend that was there for you when you needed it, so it didn't matter if you felt a little small under its gaze, that uncomfortable feeling never going away. Your sickness was a comfort, not a fear. Just quiet your secret sobs at night, and it'll be fine. Don't worry your parents, friends, teachers. It'll be fine.

Now, you're a teenager. In the bus after school. It's busier than usual, fellow students packed into the bus. So busy, you couldn't secure a seat.

With your right hand gripping one of the many swinging handles, your left hand carefully reaches into your bag to pull out your headphones. It was your usual routine to listen to music on the trip home. But when the bus suddenly starts, you nearly drop your headphones, so you push them back into your bag with a sigh.

You stare out the window idly until the conversation of two girls about your age reaches your ears.

" You saw the trailer right ?? For Yura Yura," The deeper girl's voice says,

" Of course I did, but what do you mean trailer, which? There's two," The higher pitched voice replies.

" THERE'S TWO??!! " Deeper voice, girl 1 exclaims loudly.

Girl 2 giggles and replies, " There's no way you didn't know about the second one! It came out like 3 days ago!"

Sneaking over a glance at them, you see what you assume to be Girl 1 shake her head.

" I totally missed it," she replies. Then the other one says,
" Watch it when you get home, because i'm seriously so excited for the comeback, even more after watching.. Yujin looked so good in it to, seriously crazy!" she continues, " I know you're Taerae biased, but Yujin might bias wreck you a bit !" After they both giggle, deeper voice promises to watch it when she gets home.

Realizing it's your stop, you get off, and begin the short walk back to your house. As you walk, thoughts about their conversation worm it's way into your mind. You didn't know exactly what they were talking about but it seemed like an idol group from what you heard—comeback, bias, and whatnot.

Unlocking the door, you head to your room after briefly greeting your family and removing your shoes. Before you know it, your bag is slung on the floor and you're on your bed, Youtube open on your phone. 

You don't know many idol groups, but there's a few songs you like, and with so many classmates interested in the genre, you'd been wanting to know a few more groups. Thinking back to the conversation again, you hesitantly type 'Yura Yura' into the search.

Yura Yura Zerobaseone
Yura Yura Trailer #1
Yura Yura Trailer #2
Zerobaseone Comeback
Zb1 Yura Yura

You pause before clicking on the first option, although you couldn't explain why, if someone were to ask. For some reason, you felt as if searching this up would have some great big impact. Which is stupid. So you click.

🐰🍭🌈🍡🐾🎀🍰
_____________