PREFACE

Delirium (n:) /dɪˈlɪrɪəm/ - a disturbed state of mind or consciousness, transient condition associated with intoxication and certain other physical disorders, characterized by symptoms such as confusion, disorientation, agitation, and hallucinations.

                          _________________________________________________________

"Have you always been staring at me?"

____________________________

Forced to grow up quickly, taking over the responsibility of her little sister, Lilith Jones works hard to get her out of that hell she called home, away from her devilish parents. Amidst all of this, she fails to put herself first, soon finding herself going numb to the world. Afraid that she'll transcend to complete madness from the mental war with herself, Lilith uses her last hope in the heavens and begs for help.

Lucky for her, Gabriel himself comes to her rescue.
But what if he was just the result of her imagination? 

_________________________________________________________

What is Sleep Paralysis?

According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Sleep paralysis refers to the phenomenon in which resumption of consciousness occurs while muscle atonia of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep is maintained, leading to intense fear and apprehension in the patient as the patient lies awake without the ability to use any part of their body.
Sleep paralysis can be a symptom of medical problems, including:
Depression
Migraine
Obstructive sleep apnea
Hypertension
Anxiety 

What is Anosognosia?

Anosognosia is a condition where a person is in denial, rejects or avoids accepting reality because it's unpleasant or distressing.
A person with anosognosia can't recognize the problem at all. Because they can't recognize they have a medical problem, people with this condition often don't see the need to care for that problem.

____________________________

*Warning* 

~ There won't be any smut or suggestive chapters in this book, in case you get that idea from the images used. Gabriel is a character born entirely out of Lilith's imagination, created as an escape from reality. Most interactions between the two characters will mainly be through conversations. If this is not your cup of tea, this book is not for you.

~ This is my very first book, so please be understanding about any errors you may find. Feel free to let me know about any corrections or edits. The current chapters are just drafts of the story, and half of the wording are spontaneous. The idea for the plot came from my own experiences with sleep paralysis, hence it might be different in other people's cases.

~ Please be respectful in the comments, but constructive criticism is appreciated.

~ All the texts highlighted in italic font are Lilith's inside thoughts. You'll see a lot of it throughout the book.

None of the pictures and media used belong to me. Credits go to their own creators.

Copying this book in any way or form is prohibited. It is entirely a work of fiction, and all rights belong to @andromedaaawrites

Welcome To 'Delirium' <3

_________________________________________________________