Chapter Eight

Surprised and confused , Phoebe find herself sitting along with Nero and his older sister , Vanica in his office. It was very awkward and nerve-wracking for her as she finds Nero's sister very intimidating. Nero on the other hand , is busy explaining to her sister about their "not so normal relationship". To which Vanica is amusingly enjoying her brother's candid remarks on Phoebe.

' Ahh... Can I ask why I'm here? ' , she can't take it anymore and bravely cut off Vanica and Nero's conversation. Although , she already have a hint as to why she is summoned or rather forced to be with them.

' Ahh... Before I answer your question darling , I believe I haven't formally introduced myself to you. I am Vanica Eleonora Dixon Vega-Dion ; Nero's only sister! ' , Vanica took the initiative to introduced herself and forcefully hugged Phoebe , which surprised her.

' Ate! You're scaring her! I am sorry Phoebe if my sister came unannounced. You see , she really wanted to meet you and I was supposed to tell you about her but this happened.. I apologize if that surprised you! ' , Nero politely apologized to Phoebe although it wasn't a big deal to her. It just caught her off guard!

' Ahmm.. I—it's fine!!.. Ahh.. ca—can you please let go already , I can't breath! ' , she exclaimed as Vanica's hug seems a bit too much.

' Oops!! My bad... Okay , Let's back to the reason why I am here.. ' , Vanica immediately let go and sat down as her face turns from playful to serious mode.

' If it's not too much to ask.. You see , I already know about your unusual relationship with my brother but it seems to me that the two of you are not yet a couple , right?! ' , Vanica uttered as she sips through her tea while waiting for answers.

' I like her Ate!! I mean I love her already!! But we are not yet a couple and I respect Phoebe so I'm patiently waiting for her honest and clear reply! ' , he uttered as he looked at Phoebe's startled face while he's speaking.

' Ohh!! Neat! I like your honesty as always Nero! What about you Phoebe , do you like my brother? If you don't mind answering. ' , All eyes are on Phoebe now as the siblings are waiting for her response. She really admires Nero's frankness but she still get flustered everytime he says he likes her or love her.

' Ahh... I— I don't know if I have the right to love your brother but... As time goes by and his persistence really did moved me. I know this is may be too much but I— I also like Nero!! ', Phoebe uttered while looking entirely towards Vanica. Meanwhile, Vanica is still speechless after Phoebe let out her true feelings. Nero on the other hand , is on cloud nine and it is evident to his smile while staring at Phoebe.

' Hhmm... I like you! I like your honesty. We should hang out some other time. ' , Vanica uttered as she stand up and smile at Phoebe. She then once again hugged her. Much to Phoebe's awkward self towards Vanica.

' I better get going already. Nero , no need to see me out. Ahh... I know that Nero already invited you to his birthday party but I really wished you could come. We can talk more and I really want to know you more. Okay darling?! ' , Vanica uttered as she smiled towards them although Nero feels like her sister is plotting something or what.

' Of course Ate Vanica , she will be there. ' , Nero replied to his sister's invitation to Phoebe meanwhile , Phoebe is awkwardly smiling as Vanica leave the office.

' Are you okay Phoebe? I'm sorry I should have told you about my sister coming here but I didn't know she moved her schedule. ' , Nero immediately tended Phoebe who is still a bit flustered.

' I— I'm fine... It's just that... I was just maybe scared? I don't know , your sister is quite intimidating isn't she?! ' , Phoebe uttered as she tries to sink it in her mind about what happened.