CHAPTER ONE.

Omegas are crucial to its dying race, the population of non-shifting Humans outnumbering Shifters by the millions. Omega's are the only Shifters capable of giving birth yet, their blood has diluted so much during the centuries that Omega's are now only able to carry one child at a time on average. Unlike eons before where a single Omega was once capable of birthing up to seven pups on average.

Kim Seokjin's mother would tell him stories as he grew up.

"Now, being an Omega is both a blessing and a curse." His mother would always look so sad when telling him such stories.

She is an Omega but she is no longer able to carry pups. Some lose the ability at the young age of twenty-two. It's a price their race has had to pay for integrated mating.

"Why is it scary to be an Omega? Papa says they're the most precious." When he was old enough to understand his mother's stories, Jin started asking questions.

"It is because they are precious, my love."

Omegas are the rarest gender of Shifters, with Alphas almost doubling them in numbers. Beta Shifters were the most common.

"Oh, how did the new job interview go. That was yesterday, right?" Jin's mother asked over the phone, the sound of her chopping vegetables could be heard in the background.

"I got it!" Jin responds proudly. "Actually, it is my first day today." He checks his watch and winces, "Mama, I have to go. I'm still at work."

"No no you go. I'm so proud of you. I will see you soon, yes?" His sweet mother rushes in.

"Yes yes, soon. Goodbye mama. I love you."

With a few more promises to visit and alot more kisses through the phone, she finally hung up. When Jin returns to his desk, a colleague pokes his head over the divider seperating their work stations.

"Hi, what's your name? I'm Kang Seo, IT specialist." Kang Seo introduces himself with a hand over the small wall between them.

Jin takes it with a soft smile, "Kim Seokjin. IT engineer."

"Oh cool, you're the new engineer on hand. So I take it you're a BETA like me then."

"Mn, that's right." Jin enjoys working amongst other BETAs so he relaxes when Seo announces his gender. Alphas tend to put him on edge and BETAs are usually attached to an Alpha.

"We'll get along well then! I look forward to getting to know more about you during your welcoming celebration." Seo says enthusiastically before dipping back down when his phone rings.

Wait what? He did not agree to a welcoming celebration!

Seokjin wanted to ask him about it but Seo addressed him first.

"Jin, they need you upstairs. The big boss is installing a new security system." Seo explains.

"Oh," he didn't expect to be seeing any higher ups so soon, "alright, I'll go now."

"Hey, if you see President Kim, don't say anything unnecessary or out of turn. He hates dumb questions and idle chatter." Seo advises which Jin accepts gratefully.

"Right, thank you for the heads up. Where is his office by the way?"

"Top floor."

"Thank you."

With a spring in his step, Kim Seokjin headed to the elevators where he hits the button to the top floor.

After the doors close, it doesn't move, instead a female voice comes over the intercom.

"State your name and business."

What? Is she talking to him?