Best year/ Worse year

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month.

Lisa's disappearance was something they no one talked about, everyone hoping for that call that give them some reprieve from the dear that wouldn't stop growing with each passing of time.

Jennie was on auto pilot.

She studied continuously for her final exams, ignoring the celebrations going on around her, and used her free time to work at Manoban's Inc alongside Lisa's family. She had officially quit her job at LIPS, but frequented the bar at least once a week, silently nursing a scotch at the seat of the bar where she had first caught a glimpse of the lost Marine.

Chaeyoung and Wendy worried about her state of mind constantly. They watched as the circles under her eyes went getting small to deep marks on her skin, no longer hidden by simple cosmetics.

Not that Jennie tried to cover them much any more.

Her appearance started to change after the announcement of Lisa's disappearance, and she went from wearing her clothes to only wearing Lisa's.

It became a daily thing for her to be supporting Lisa's bomber jacket and Marine hoodie, no matter the weather.

The only good thing from her lack of care, was that the many lesbians who used to hit on her relentlessly whenever she would visit the bar, steered clear from the clearly hurting brunette.

Just like Jennie wanted.

Her mother called almost daily, and she had even spoken to get father who had assured her that the Marine corps would fight hard to find their first sergeant officer.

The only comfort she had was that chitthip understood her pain and didn't hover the way her parents were. Chitthip's eyes also showed the heavy strain she was under since the disappearance of her daughter, and she knew she was last to judge Jennie on her emotional state.

She stated getting worried when Jennie started losing weight on her already thin body, and took the opportunity too feed her any chance she had with carbs and proteins. She didn't understand how Jennie was starting to look so sickly, when she had seen the woman eating on a daily occurance. She assumed it was stress, and couldn't think of a way to comfort her that would make a bit if difference.

It was currently a week before her graduation, and she was having her Sunday dinner with Manoban's at their house.

The dinner was filled with chatter about upcoming events and Jennie's graduation, to which every Manoban demanded a ticket, needing to see the valedictorians moment of glory.

Right in the middle of Seulgi and Bambam's debate on whether Jennie would stay her speech with a joke or not, there was a knock on the door silencing them all immediately.

No one could tell you why there was such tension in the air, only that they know no one visited in Sunday's that weren't invited and everyone somehow knew that this intruder had news that could either make or break them.

Mike stood, walking towards their front door as chitthip and everyone gathered in the living room anxiously. Jennie could hardly stand on her feet, feeling her knees bucking from the weigh of the fear.

Their suspicious were confirmed when two familer Marine entered the living room, following a scared Mike.

There was a deafening silence, and the Marines knew from the experience how terrified the loved ones were to ask the inevitable question.

Deciding to spare them the wait, the female Marine cleared her throat before she spoke. "She's injured but she's okay."

Everyone breathed in relief around the room, as the tension dissipated and everyone felt the month's fears and nightmares disappear within seconds of hearing those words.