Part 10

1917, New Orleans

"Really, Nik. All over the carpet. And who's going to have to clean that up?" I ask, rolling my eyes as the girl Klaus had been feeding from bled all over the new carpet I had just bought. Sort of.

"Just burn it. It was ugly anyway." Klaus replies, standing and wiping the blood from his lips and stepping over the body.

"Are you critiquing my taste?" I ask, faking upset.

"Yes, love. This is the ugliest carpet they had." Klaus responses putting on a jacket.

"Where do you think your going? Nuh uh. Clean your mess up and then you can go. Also, how would you know what any of the carpets looked like, you didn't even come to the shop. And by critiquing my taste, you are critiquing yourself. So think about that while you clean." I state as I walk over and take my coat and walk towards the front door.

"And where do you think your going?" Klaus asks.

"Out." Klaus looks at me, asking me for more. "To see Rebekah and Marcel. At least they are dignified."

"Dressed like that." Klaus teases.

"Fuck you." I respond as I open the door.

"Oh and the mouth of a sailor. Your going to get struck down." Klaus closes the door before I can leave and backs me up so that my back hits the wall behind me.

"Can't be struck down if I'm better than them." I respond. Klaus leans in a gives me a passionate kiss, placing one hand on my waist and the other behind my head as I wrap my hands around his neck.

"Eww. Get a room you two." Aaron comments as his walks past us to leave.

"Excuse me, where do you think your going?" I stop Aaron before he can leave.

"To meet up with Kol. We are going for a late night snack." Aaron responses as he opens the door to leave.

"Hey, wait for me, asshole. These stupid shoes aren't staying on." Dara yells as she runs past us. "Bye Kie, bye Nik." She turns to us quickly before following after our brother.

"Hmm. Now that we are all alone..." Klaus turns back to me and continues the kiss from earlier.

"Not alone. Take that somewhere else." Veronique screams from upstairs, clearly not looking to be hearing us and 'suffering' as she puts it.

"Sorry Roni." I reply before looking Klaus in the eye and bursting into a laugh at the same time as him.

"This is not funny you two. I'm being serious." Veronique yells.

"Okay, okay. Well I am on my way." I go to leave and Klaus follows behind me.

"You have a mess to clean up. By the time I'm back it better be clean. With my carpet still there and intact." I direct him. Klaus goes to say something but decides better of it. "Good. Now, bye. Love you."

"Love you too." Klaus replies, placing a light kiss on my lips and leaving to go and clean up.

●○~◇~○●