•Chapter 70• Glorious Purpose

"What are you looking at, girl?" He snaps at her. She takes a step closer. His tentacles were offline, but they still looked very strong. She narrows her eyes at them. "Peter? Did they observe the nanotech?" She called out to her boyfriend. Peter glances up. Only now he noticed how close she stood to the villainous man. "Yeah. Uh, can you maybe step back a little?" He asks her. She looks at the tentacles closely. "Interesting." She says. "You designed the nanotechnology?" Octavius asks her. His tone was slightly calmer than before. She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, I did. Well, my dad did. But I perfected this model." She explains. "Interesting." Octavius said, "It takes a brilliant mind to come up with something like this. And to perfect it. You're so young." He added. "Yeah... I know." She spoke quietly.

"Is everyone okay?" She asks politely. "I will be if you let us out," Flint tells her. "Yeah," Max agreed with him. "I'm just trying to be nice. It's been a long day." Y/n replied softly. "I feel like I know you," Max tells her. Y/n turns to him. "Maybe you do. In your universe." She started, "You're Max, right?" She added. He nodded silently. "Listen, Peter's going to help you. All of you. He's on your side." She assures them. "Peter Parker." Connors spat out his name. He hated the boy, but he didn't even know this Peter. "You remembered my name." Max mumbles.

"Fascinating." He says. He walks toward the other villains. Y/n comes into view. "Oh, yeah, Doctor Osborn. This is my girlfriend. Y/n." Peter introduced him. Norman eyes her up and down. "Y/n?" He repeated. "Hi, uh, it's nice to meet you, Doctor." She smiles politely. She carefully extends her hand for him to take. He kept looking at her as he shook her hand. There was not really a reason to be scared of him. Otherwise, Peter would've locked him away already. "I feel like I know you," Osborn admitted.

 "You are trying to fill a void. Taking Norman in, caring for him. He feels it too. He feels like he knows you. Sweet as you are, you're just like him."

"So why don't you get me a more comfortable chair, ay? This one hurts my ass." Another door was opened and a few more men - whose lower faces were still covered - walked inside, one of them, dragging a new chair behind him. She stood up from her seat and watched as it was replaced for her with the new one. She sunk back down and sat on it like a queen sitting on a throne. "So you set everything up, huh? Ain't so smart, are ya, missy? Why would you go through all that trouble if you're in charge anyway? Thought about that?" The round-faced man asked her sternly. "Of course, I did." She said. "Then what was the point in all of this?"
"Power." Y/n replied, "Isn't that obvious? I know power. I have power. But it's not enough. Not when you know there are other universes out there to gain power from."
"So, you almost blew up your boyfriend and yourself for that? For a dramatic entrance? Such a diva." The man spat at her with a chuckle. Y/n just returned a playful and cocky smile. "Well, I am a Stark. I have a reputation to keep up with." She leaned forward a bit, "So if you ask me why, that's one reason why." But the round-faced man did not seem very satisfied with her answer. "So there's more to it."
"Well, of course, there is, I'm not a monster." She tells him, "I can make everything easier for someone I love. For everyone I love." The man rolled his eyes. "So, lover boy in the other room."
"Money can't buy you everything, sure, but it can make things easier. That blackout that happened? Who do you think caused that? And more importantly, what caused that?" Y/n spat back at him and ignored his rude cut-off, "Yes, that was me. My machine. I did the impossible. Imagine what more I can do."

"So what you plan on taking over the universe or something?" The man questioned as he recalled her mentioning other universes before. "Something like that," Y/n answered without blinking. "Have you ever wondered if there is another version of you somewhere out there? In another universe. Or him? Or him?"
"Get to the point, missy."
"A few months ago, villains from other universes came into ours. Dangerous people. We've all seen them right? Doctor Otto Octavius, the lizard man, that Electro guy and even Norman Osborn came back from the dead. They all came here. No one thought it was possible and yet it was. And I've done something like that again." She said. "That's what caused the blackout." One of the masked men guessed. Y/n smiled at him proudly. "Good boy. Yes. That is what caused it. My machine did something extraordinary." She leaned a bit closer again. "Tony Stark is alive." She revealed. The round-faced man slumped back in his seat. Dumbfounded by what the girl just told him. "Impossible."
Y/n lifts her finger and sits up straight again to look the man dead in the eyes. "And yet possible." she said, "I don't have magical abilities. I'm not a god.  I wasn't bitten by something. But I did get hurt. That's what gave me this." she tapped her fingers over her chest to reveal the Arc Reactor that was strapped to her. "There was an accident. And just like my father, my heart was hurt by it. But it did grant me something of an ability. I can connect with others. See what they see. I can make the world a better place. Finding criminals faster and all that..." She briefly glanced at one of the masked men who stood on her right. Just slightly behind her. He was looking at her too. Very intensely. The round-faced man cleared his throat harshly to interrupt their eye contact. Y/n turned back to him. "You were saying?"
"Probably something smart," Y/n replied smugly.