The Siege of Remos Prime

Two weeks after the Ship rescue, we moved onto the Pirate holdings. Hundreds of smaller planets had been under the control of this pirate faction and now was the time to liberate them from this scourge.

 Hundreds of smaller planets had been under the control of this pirate faction and now was the time to liberate them from this scourge

(Planetary Defense Corps Fleet 2)

We moved our fleet onto one of the major Star systems that had been ravaged by the pirate raids and where a large concentration of pirate raiders were based.

Remos Prime.

Remos Prime was a strategic location as it held a mineral mostly used to manufacture weapons such as long range missiles and even laser weapons. Because of this, the local population suffered greatly from the local raiders.

Pirate forces controlled the capital city of Remos via the corrupt governor who often took bribes and wanted more power. Many people who criticized or openly disagreed with him disappeared without a trace which is completely against Coalition law.

As the legitimate governor and leader of the system, he pledged all resources including the local planetary forces to boost up the pirates war machine. And in return, got a heaping amounts of money.

Today was the day we would officially liberate this system from his tyranny as would many other planets who suffered the same fate.

PA: Attention all personnel! The meeting is in effect! All troops head to hangar bay 2 immediately!

Alimeru: This is it. Our first real ever combat mission.

Darv: Well not exactly! We did have that pirate ship as our first campaign.

Sol: Think he means by our first ground mission!

Soli: Right! Gotcha.

Shia: Come on, let's move!

(6 minutes later)

PDC Sergeant: Trooper 678, you are late!

Alimeru: Sorry about that sir! My friend here was trying to find his helmet again!

PDC Sergeant: Well I won't report you but make sure you all have your uniform ready!

Alimeru: Yes sir!

Darv: Maybe I should consider getting my armor set up before a mission.

Era: Ya think?

PDC Commander: ATTENTION!

(Soldiers pay attention)

General Wachovia: Listen up men! Today, you will take part in your first campaign on a distant planet. Many of you have seen your first time of combat back when we freed the ship from pirates but that was only your first taste of action, the next one will be a big bite not even you could chew off properly. We are now orbiting the planet of Remos Prime, a planet that has been suffering from pirate attacks and mining corporations ever since they took over the system. The planet has a rare mineral used to produce weapons of mass destruction which is why this planet and its resources are crucial to the war effort. As a result of this, the locals have suffered much worse especially to their corrupt governors! Our orders are to ensure they are removed immediately and replaced with locally elected senators! And to also get the pirates out of the system! Let's go over the battle plans!