Chapter Six: The Right Clara

As decided, we all kept going. For hours and hours. But it was different than the last day. We didn't have to wear those huge coats anymore, the ice was already gone. The air now was warm, and the fog was nowhere to be seen. The sky was blue like the ocean, we noticed several birds flying beside the white fluffy clouds and others chirping among the trees. We had already left the side of the river, Mr. Beaver said that we had to follow south into the wood. I silently thanked him for taking us to the wood, 'cause the icy river was already melting and starting to flood. We spent almost the whole time pointing different birds, smells and sounds. We wouldn't shut up for a moment, Mr. Beaver had even given up on asking us to close our mouths and joined the rest of us on talking and laughing, especially since he said that the Witch would no longer be able to use the sledge. Oh, how I missed spring.

— Look at those flowers! — said Lucy running in front of us.

She picked four yellow primroses and gave one to me, one to Susan, one to Mrs. Beaver and put the other one in her hair. I caught Peter's eyes going from the flower in my hand to the one Susan was putting on her hair and noticed his gaze going away once he saw I was looking.

— Are you jealous, Peter? — I chuckled — It's okay, you can have mine. — I stopped in front of him and put in his hair the primrose I had in my hands. He didn't even fight it, which made it all funnier.

— Look how sweet you look, Pete. — Lucy giggled.

— Oh, you look lovely! — Susan laughed — It really brings out the blue in your eyes.

He shook his head, trying not to laugh.

— Don't worry, Peter. — I said as we started walking again — We will make you a flower crown later.

— Very funny, Clara. — he said smiling.

Even though we made fun of him every time we saw another primrose, he didn't took the flower off of his hair. It just fell after some time.
After hours and hours walking, we all started to get quite tired, but we were so happy that the winter was over that we didn't even complain about it. As the hours were passing by, we got quieter and just enjoyed the warm weather and the beautiful sights around us. The sun was already lower, the sky's bright blue was no longer there, it was now golden and red, just like a painting.

— It's getting dark again. — said Susan.

— It won't take much longer now, dear. — said Mr. Beaver.

We followed him uphill, finding a place full of tall evergreen trees. We walked only a little bit further - thankfully, because I was so tired that I began to think I wouldn't make it -, and found an open space made of grass and little white flowers. The tiredness went away when I looked around and realised we could see everything from there.

— I can see the sea! — said Peter almost in a whisper.

We started walking to the middle, where the Stone Table was. It was a huge grey stone on top of four little stones. It looked just like a table, a very old table. The sides of the Stone Table had dozens of strange figures and lines that looked like another language.
The next thing we saw was a big pavilion tent on one side of the open place. The tent was yellow, almost golden, and had crimson cords and just above it was a flag, with a red lion on it. As we were walking closer to the tent, we found a centaur coming towards us.