Chapter 3

“It’s sad.” Cassandra said, crossing her arms. “She was so good. And funny.”

“Yes, it is.” Bela responded. “It’s also a little weird though.”

“Why?”

“Because she never got in trouble until after Emily showed up. You don’t think it’s weird that only Veyle has been getting blamed for things?”

“Now that you mentioned it… It is weird.”

“Mm. None of the other maids do that. They have respect for Veyle.”

“Yeah… Why Veyle though?”

“I don’t know.”

“We should keep a closer eye on Emily then.”

Bela and Cassandra then swarmed away.

Back with Veyle and Alcina. Veyle was led to a cell and Alcina held the door open for her. Veyle had stayed calm and nonchalant, despite the ever growing anger in her. She entered the cell and sat in the furthest corner. Alcina closed the door and sighed softly.

“Veyle… I really am sorry it ended like this. You were the best maid. The only one who lasted for more than a month.” Alcina said, looking at Veyle with sadness and disappointment. “Out of respect, I won’t kill you. You’ll just be down here until I say otherwise.”

Veyle didn’t say anything. She just sat in the corner with her knees to her chest. Alcina sighed softly before turning and walking away.

A few hours went by and Veyle was still in the dungeon. She was resting, even though it was cold and she was starting to shake from it. That was until she heard voices, familiar voices she hadn’t heard in years. There were three of them, one was singing ‘Bad Boy’ by Cascada but it was more of them trying to distract themselves from the creep ass dungeon they were walking in.

“Can you shut the fuck up, Sage?” One of the voices, a female, asked, clearly annoyed by the nervous singing. “You’re fucking annoyign.”

“Shut up, Eden. You’re just mad cause you can’t sing as amazing as I can.” Sage responded.

“Oh, my God. Both of you shut up. We’re looking for my sister.” Another voice said.

“Fuck off, Nova.” Both Eden and Sage said together.

Veyle took a second before chuckling softly. She got up and walked closer to the cell door.

“Oh, fu- Augh- Fuck. Kneecaps.” Sage just tripped on one of the many metal things in the dungeon and hit her knee on something. “Son of a bitch. Why the fuck is there so much metal shit down here?”

“I hope you get tetanus.” Eden said, slapping the back of Sage’s head.

“Ow! Fuck you, Eden.”

“You wish you could.”

“Again. Shut up.” Nova said, clearly done with the two’s bickering.

“No, let them continue. It’s amusing.” Veyle finally said.

All three stopped and looked over at Veyle. Sage was the first to respond.

“Oh, my God! My precious baby!” She went over to the cell door, looking at Veyle. “What did the mean vampires do to you?”

“Dude, she’s 23. Why’re you talking to her like you’re her mother?” Eden asked, shifting her weight to her left leg and putting a hand on her hip.

“Shut up, Eden. My poor baby needs our help.”

Nova just rolled her eyes and got her lockpick out of her pocket and went over to pick the lock. As soon as the door was unlocked, Sage shoved Nova out of the way and hugged Veyle like an overdramatic mother, stroking her hair.

“It’s okay, baby gworl. The big bad vampires can’t hurt you anymore.”

“Let her breathe, you dumbass.”

Veyle just chuckled and hugged Sage back. She let go and looked at Nova.

“Sup?”