V

*Three weeks until the wedding*

It's been a week since I've heard from Harry.

There's been no texts, no calls, and I haven't been over to Gwen's to help with anything more wedding wise, so I haven't seen him in person either.

I guess it's two-sided though that I haven't heard from him. I wasn't trying to text or call either, but that's because I felt like we both just needed space after what happened. As much as I've tried to wash the events of last week from my mind, they're there every single time I find myself just sitting around, or when I'm trying to go to sleep.

My mind won't let me forget the way that his lips felt against mine. How it felt to have my hips roll against his, and how his hands skated over my body like he couldn't get enough. It was everything I had ever wanted, and it was quickly tainted by one little slip up. One little word.

Him saying my sister's fucking name.

There's part of me that's almost thankful that it happened though. I know for a fact that if things had escalated any further that we both would have felt extremely guilty. If we had truly given ourselves over to each other, that moment would be ruined given the surrounding factors. Harry is a man that's engaged - he's getting married in three weeks. And overall, he's engaged to my sister.

I look back down at the sketch I was working at on the surface of my station at the shop. I've been trying to throw myself into work as a distraction, and for the most part it was working. I offered to work an additional day so that I wasn't at home by myself with my thoughts as much as I had been. Today was that additional day for me, and I was mostly taking care of any walk-ins that were coming through the shop.

My phone starts to ring next to me, and I look down to see Gwen's name on the screen. I swallow harshly as I lift the device up and stare at it. I knew that Harry hadn't possibly told her about what had happened, and the reason that I was so adamant about that was because I would've had an angry sister banging on my door no matter what time of day it would've been.

I click the answer button and bring my phone up to my ear. "Hi, Gwen."

"Hey Carter, how've you been? I haven't talked to you in a little bit."

"I'm, uh...I've been fine," I nibble on my bottom lip before continuing. "How about you? Getting everything finalized okay?"

"Yeah, actually. It's going a lot more smoothly than I anticipated given how close the big day is, but I'm not complaining," Gwen responds. "I was actually wondering if you'd be able to come by this evening - I'll grab us some dinner. I want to go over the seating chart one more time, and I'd like a second set of eyes for the schedule I have for the reception. I also need some help picking out my dress for the rehearsal dinner."

I press my tongue into the inside of my cheek as I think over her request. I couldn't hide from her forever, and I also didn't want her to get suspicious of me. I wasn't sure of the conversation her and Harry had after he left my apartment last week, but I can only assume that he calmed her down to the point where she didn't feel the need to be so worked up anymore.

"Yeah, I actually picked up working at the shop today, but I should be done around six. I can head over right after I'm finished up here?

"That sounds good. I'll see you then," Gwen speaks before hanging up the call, and I let out a deep breath through my lips as I set my phone back down on my table.

I have only an hour and a half of my shift left, so I turn my attention back to my sketch to try and work down my nerves as to what going to Gwen's later could bring. My teeth sink into my bottom lip as I tilt my head to the side, eyebrows narrowing as I try to get the small details of this sketch exactly right.