22nd july 2015

Liv's P.O.V

I woke up on what I assume to be a hospital bed, after the last episode I had I must have passed out.

"It's good to see your awake Olivia" the doctor says as he walks into my room.

"Please do not call me Olivia" I reply. "Call me liv"

"Okay, Liv, we recommend, finding someone to live with until you pass through these "episodes" as your psychologist calls them" he explains.

"I don't have anyone" I say looking away from the glare of the doctor.

"Well, we have already looked into that for you"

"Oh" is all I can say in reply.

"Yes, the family your sister married into, the Clifford's, have said that they will take you in" he explains.

"Um okay, do I have any say in this?" I ask.

"No, unless you want to be put into the psychiatric ward of the hospital"

I sigh, not wanting to be "institutionalised" again.

"Karen Clifford, is ready to pick you up so you can get dressed and leave when you are ready." the doctor says before leaving.

I get out of the bed and put on the clothes I was wearing previously.

Once I'm ready I leave the room making sure I grab all my belongings.

A middle aged woman walks up to me, " you must be liv?" she asks almost questioningly.

"Yeah, that's me, you must be Karen. it's a pleasure to meet you" I say politely.

"And I heard you met my son last week, a few days before his grandmother passed away" she's says in return.

"Um yes, and my sister died" I say almost confused. " I'm sorry for your lose"

"It's alright hun, lets get you home"

The drive home is quiet an uneventful, that is until I come face to face with Karen's son Michael again.

"Wow, I thought I wouldn't see you again, a lot of people say you are very mysterious. but now your living with us" he rambled.

"Michael Gordon Clifford leave the poor girl alone!" Karen yells at her son.

The boy cowers away slightly and walks back towards his room.

"Sorry about that, he gets a little carried away, especially with things out of the ordinary"

"No it's fine, do you mind if I could have something to eat," I ask.

"Help your self love, it's your home too" she says "and your psychologist got all you belongings moved here for you"

That made me feel a bit better. I walk over to the pantry to find it was full of food. I opted for a bag of Doritos.

"Liv, could I ask you something?" Michael asks from the other side of the room as if he were nervous or unsure.

"Um sure I don't see why not?" i reply.

"How did you become, I'm how would you put it, unaging?" he asks in what seems to be pure curiosity.

"Well, lets just day it was a terrible accident" I reply trying not to be rude. but at the same time I felt myself slipping into another memory.

Past- 23rd may 1925

It was the first time Lucas and I had gone out since the birth of our son Robert. Lucas' mother had offered to mind Robert while we went out for the night. Lucas took me to dinner at a restaurant in town, and then we went to a jazz club to once again dance the night away.

It had been nearly a year since we had met and in that time I had had a child and me and Lucas got married. we were so genuinely happy together.

"Are you ready to leave?" Lucas asked me looking towards the exit of the club.

"Yeah, I am quite tired after that" I reply.

We start our walk home, but it was never finished. a freak accident occurred and nobody knows exactly what happened I just know That I woke up days later in a hospital, and I was very confused.