two. (cody)

cody rhodes, in ring known as dashing cody rhodes, for his handsome looks, had his eye on ivy. he wasn't close with her like he was with the bella twins, alicia fox, eva marie, john cena, daniel bryan, and others. so he only knew her as ivy.
they usually sat across the room from each other in the snack room, exchanging glances, cody trying to get her to look longer.
"dude take a picture if you like looking at her so much," daniel bryan laughed, shoveling food into his face.
cody rolled his eyes, shifting his focus back onto the group he was sitting with, "i don't even know her name, i just zoned out."
"but you knew who we meant," brie giggled.
"whatever, i have a match soon," he mumbled getting up.
he walked past ivy and winked at her when they made eye contact, still unaware she had a boyfriend and she was going to keep ignoring all his attempts at flirting.
•••
cody walked up to the gorilla, hyping himself up for his match against randy orton. he always liked fighting randy, because the crowd liked it, and randy always made him work hard. he also just liked randy in general, they'd known each other forever because of their fathers.
"you ready for this?" randy asked, patting cody on the back. 
"always," cody said, hitting randy in the chest.
randy's song started playing and randy walked out, and did his crowd work. something he was already well known for, and would continue being well known for for years to come.
cody's music started playing and it was his queue to go out, "whooa! you're only smoke and mirrors! whooa! you're only smoke and mirrors and mirrors to me!"
of course he did his crowd work and showed off his face, because he's just so dashing.
the bell rang and immediately randy sent cody into the ropes. he sent repeated hits to his face, cody's face was off limits. cody bounced back and hit randy a couple times, knocking him to the ground. cody went in for an iron elbow, one of his dads signature moves, but randy rolled out of it, causing cody to hit straight mat. randy went in for a pin, cody kicked out in two, and reversed it on randy. he hit the cross rhodes and pinned orton, 1..2..3..DING DING DING.
"whoooa!  you're only smoke and mirrors! whoooa! you're only smoke and mirrors to me!"
cody did his victory move and showed off to the crowd.
••
"nice work out there man," randy said grabbing cody's hand and pulling him into a side hug.
"you too dude," cody replied, grabbing a towel and wiping some sweat off his forehead, "you still going out with alicia?"
"hell yeah, a bunch of us are going to this night club later, wanna join?" randy asked, wiping his own sweat off.
"yeah i'm game, sounds like fun," cody shrugged, "see you then."