❥ 𝓼𝓲𝔁 : remembered

So Lando wasn't going insane when he thought he recognised Charles' friend from somewhere.

You see, when Verstappen posted pictures from his last birthday party, he swore he recognised the girl on the 6th slide. She was sandwiched between Charles and Max in a mini group photo while holding Penelope.

He had his doubts but at that time he thought he was crazy. His heart told him she came back but his brain said there would be no way. His heart told him it was her but his brain cussed him out.

"So I might sound nuts and like I've watched too many romcoms but I think I saw Maya at Verstappen's party", he started as soon as Max Fewtrell's, his off track best friend, face popped up on my screen.

"Well hello to you too mate", his voice sounded as clear as can be on FaceTime.

"Not the time Max. I'm freaking out and I don't even know why I'm freaking out cause this isn't even a big deal and she probably can't even remember me and even if she did I don't think she'd want anything to do with me because otherwise she wouldn't have left without warning and I hate that I'm freaking out but I can't help it I'm freaking out", Lando rambled, all in one breath.

"I think you've said freaking out about 5 times in that one breath so I need you to calm down firstly. Take a couple deep breaths", he ordered. Only if he were in the same situation would he know how hard of a task that was but Lando complied, not really having another option.

"Are you a bit calmer now?", he asked after a minute. No. But Lando nodded.

"Okay now tell me, slowly and without rambling, are you sure it was her you saw?"

"About 90% yes"

"And how exactly do you know it was her? Did you talk to her at the party?"

"Well I don't. This could very well be someone completely different. And no I didn't talk to her. She was there in one of the pictures that Verstappen posted as like a birthday recap or whatever and she was very clearly in between Charles and Max. Or at least I'm sure she was", he explained.

Now that he thinks about it, she wasn't even that recognisable in the picture so it mightn't even be her. Her hair was darker than he remembered and her glasses were off. She had a subtle nose piercing, just a simple stud and had a few more ear piercings than she did when she was 13. Her teeth were also visibly straighter meaning she must have gotten braces, something he recalled she really didn't want.

She used to have a beauty mark on the left side of her cheek, about an inch below her eye, but that was nowhere to be seen in the picture. Maybe the makeup covered it? She was a lot taller than before but still much shorter than Charles and Max. Her beautiful brown eyes stayed the same, only her eyebrows more defined and eyelashes curled to perfection. Was it really her?

"Well I mean if it's a post, can you not just see the tags?", Max suggested.

"You think that wasn't the first thing I checked you muppet? But to my disadvantage she wasn't tagged, none of them were. Which is weird cause Max usually tags everyone. That's the one thing he's proud of being able to do well on Instagram", Lando thought out loud.

"Maybe she asked not to be tagged? I mean, no offence, but some of your fan bases are crazy and if she's not a famous person herself maybe she doesn't want to be found by those crazy fans or stalkers. Like you", he chuckled.

"Stalkers are people you don't know. I can guarantee you she knows me and I know her pretty darn well", he stated.

They were neighbours and basically grew up together. They knew they had a crush on each other since a very young age. Everyone who knew them knew that as well. So they made a deal when they were about 12 years old.