❥ 𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 : heartbreaks

3rd July 2013

Maya's teen birthday gift, along with some jewellery and clothes, was the news that the Walkers would be moving to Monaco. Her dad got a hefty promotion but the price of it would be to relocate. For some odd reason, they thought this news would be music to Maya's ears. Spoiler alert: it wasn't.

"What do you mean we have to move? I don't want to move! We have soo many friends and family here. I will miss them", Maya frowned.

"I know sweetie, but your dad got a pay rise which means we will get more money. And if we get more money, you'll be able to buy any toy you like and we will live in a bigger house and we can go out to eat a lot. There are a lot of good things that will come from this", Mrs. Walker reasoned.

But 13 year old Maya wasn't satisfied. She didn't really care about any of that right now. "I don't care about a big house or more outside food mum, I want to stay here. There will be no Millfield school in Monaco. No Bruno, the neighbourhood dog in Monaco. There will be no Lando in Monaco. I don't want to leave my only best friend", she cried.

The significance of moving to Monaco was more than just a small change. It would be leaving a country she grew up in, a life she was familiar with and especially a person that felt like her home. She didn't want that. Sure she was only 13 and had a whole life ahead of her, but Maya was a rather wise girl when it came to romantic matters, a trait she got from her dad.

Besides, a few months ago, Maya and Lando made a promise to do everything together. She can't break it now. Especially after being each other's boyfriend/girlfriend for 4 months. It wasn't anything serious, they were quite awkward considering neither had any experience, but the love was real.

She hated this. 'Why would her parents ruin her life like this?', she thought.

"This is the worst birthday ever", she stomped, angrily. "I'm going over to Lando's. I might not be back for dinner", she added before sliding on her shoes, taking a light jacket and running out the front door.

"Told you she'd make a fuss about leaving Lando", Mrs. Walker sighed. "Yeah but I didn't expect her to get so angry. Thought she would love the idea of Monaco. Can't believe Lando is what's stopping her. She can't give up her life for a boy", Mr. Walker crossed his arms, confused.

"It's young love, honey. And she's not giving up anything. She's at the age where any boy she likes becomes her whole personality. I'm just glad it's Lando because he's a good kid. A great, kind, polite kid", Mrs. Walker smiled.

Meanwhile, Maya rang the doorbell of the Norris household. Within seconds Adam, Lando's dad, opened the door. A huge smile spread across his face seeing the teenage girl, both his family and his son have grown fond of, standing on their front porch.

"Is that the birthday girl I see? The girl who is officially a teenager now?", Adam cheered, bringing the girl into the warm house before giving her a warm hug. She giggled, hugging him back. "Happy Birthday Maya! This is the start of a tiring yet great part of your life and I wish you nothing but the best. Have a lovely day my dear", Adam wished her.

"That is soo sweet, thank you Adam", she pouted. Adam was like her second father, understanding her in times when her own dad didn't. She had a huge amount of love and respect for him and couldn't be more grateful to have him be part of her life. "Lando is upstairs, he said he has something for you", Adam winked.

Both the Walkers and Norrises have known about Lando and Maya's little relationship. The Walkers aren't as fond of it but they like that it's Lando and not some random boy. The Norrises, however, love to tease Maya and Lando whenever they had the chance. They knew this would be a long lasting relationship and found it adorable that their son found his potential soulmate at such a young age.