Chapter 3

Esmeralda Pov.

"Mate?" Carmen asks again.

I rolled my eyes at her shocked expression. I swear she doubted me the most.

"Yes, my mate. I must go to the human school to see her", I said.

"Wait, how long did you know about her?" she asked while putting on her hoodie.

Even though she is the CEO of the best security company and the powerful alpha, she loves wearing baggy clothes and hoodies in private. It made her look like a child.

"1 month", I mumble.

She stared at me; then she started laughing.

"You mean to tell me that you waited a whole month before asking me to go find your mate? What did you do, stalk her at a distance?" she laughed.

I look down without saying a word. She stopped laughing and looked at me; then she started laughing again.

"OMG, you are more of a coward than I thought," she said, falling to the floor.

"She is right, you know," Arden said.

I close my eyes, calming the annoying rage in me. I extended a little of the alpha power to Carmen, making her stop laughing immediately.

"We talk about you using your aura on me," she said, extending hers. I can tell you one thing about her: she can kill me if she wants me to.

"Sorry, but I need to go to the human school. I need to find my mate," I said, retracting my aura, "I am scared."

She looks at me with an expressionless face.

"I am scared that she will reject me. You know what would happen if she did. It could kill me", I said to her.

"Here is one thing I can say about that. A man who lives in constant fear will never succeed in life, but a man who can trust themselves to leap will have a greater chance of experiencing uniqueness. You will never know unless you find out yourself," she said, opening the alpha office door.

She walks out the door and up the stairs toward her room. I followed her because she still has not approved me attending the human school.

"So, can I go then?" I ask her.

She walks into her room and flops onto her bed.

"I'll let you go to the human school under one condition" " she said lazily.

I raise my eyebrows in response as I walk toward her window to look outside. It is funny how she has the best view of the whole pack, yet she rarely sees out. But I know why she won't. Seeing her people brings weight to her shoulders. The fear of not doing enough, of losing someone, and of someone coming to take what she is supposed to protect. I can feel it all just by looking down at them.

"Take me with you" " she said, catching me off guard.

I nearly choked on my saliva when she said that. I look at her, confused. Yes, she is an alpha and a CEO, but she is also 18. Only six months older than me. She lifts her body and props on her arms.

"What? I believe that you need a partner to help you. When was the last time that dick of yours touched someone?" she said, smirking.

I look away at her response.

"Too damn long," Arden said in my head.

Since I have found my mate, no she-wolf has been able to touch me. Arden made sure of that because all he wants is her. I don't know her name yet and want her so badly.

"Why?" I ask her.

"I don't know," she said, "Something has been pulling me to that school near the border anyway. I need to find out what."

"What about the pack?" I questioned.

"I'll have my beta run it. He pretty much knows how to due to some overseas visit with the company" " she said, grabbing her suitcase, "Go pack your bag. I know a place in my family name that we can stay at. I'll bring my cars, too."

I immediately ran to my room to pack my bag. Arden is howling in my head, excited to see his mate. I packed all the clothes that I could bring and all the accessories I needed. I also decided to get my McLaren GT. I have multiple businesses as well that I manage and founded.

I can't wait to see her, my other half.