Together Again

As Aaron unlocked the door to his apartment, he felt a surge of anticipation coursing through him. He couldn't believe that after all this time, he was finally getting the chance to spend some quality time with Oliver, just the two of them.

As they stepped inside, Aaron gestured for Oliver to make himself at home while he quickly disappeared into the kitchen to fetch some drinks. He returned moments later with a bottle of wine, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"Here you go," Aaron said, pouring a glass for Oliver before filling one for himself. "To old friends and new beginnings."

Oliver accepted the glass with a grateful smile, raising it in a silent toast before taking a sip. The wine was crisp and refreshing, its warmth spreading through Aaron's veins as he settled onto the couch beside Oliver.

As they talked and laughed, the hours seemed to slip away, lost in the easy rhythm of their conversation and the comfortable familiarity of each other's company. They reminisced about the past, sharing stories of their time together at the adoption center and the adventures they had shared along the way.

But amidst the laughter and nostalgia, Aaron found himself drinking more than he had intended, the wine dulling his senses and loosening his inhibitions. He laughed louder, spoke more freely, and leaned in closer to Oliver with each passing moment.

Oliver watched him with concern, his brow furrowed as he noticed the change in Aaron's demeanor. "Hey, maybe you should slow down a bit," he suggested gently, reaching out to touch Aaron's arm.

But Aaron waved him off with a dismissive gesture, a reckless grin spreading across his face. "I'm fine," he slurred, his words slightly slurred as he took another sip of wine. "Just having a good time, that's all."

As the night wore on, Aaron's laughter grew louder and more raucous, his movements becoming increasingly unsteady as he stumbled around the apartment. Oliver watched him with growing concern, unsure of how to handle the situation.

"Maybe we should call it a night," Oliver suggested, his voice tinged with worry as he reached out to steady Aaron. "You've had enough to drink."

But Aaron shook his head stubbornly, his eyes glazed with alcohol as he pulled away from Oliver's touch. "I'm not ready to go to bed yet," he insisted, his words slurring together as he tried to stand up straight.

Oliver sighed, his heart heavy with concern as he watched Aaron struggle to maintain his balance. He knew that Aaron was only trying to have a good time, but he couldn't help but worry about the consequences of his excessive drinking.

As Aaron stumbled towards the couch, his movements clumsy and uncoordinated, Oliver knew that he had to do something to help him. He reached out and gently took Aaron's hand in his own, his touch a comforting anchor in the midst of Aaron's drunken haze.

"Come on," Oliver said softly, guiding Aaron towards the bedroom. "Let's get you some water and a place to rest. You'll feel better in the morning, I promise."

With Oliver's support, Aaron made his way to the bed, collapsing onto the soft mattress with a contented sigh. Oliver tucked him in, pulling the covers up to his chin with gentle care.

"You'll be okay," Oliver whispered, brushing a strand of hair from Aaron's forehead. "Just get some rest."

And as Aaron drifted off to sleep, his breathing slow and steady, Oliver settled onto the floor beside the bed, determined to keep watch over his friend throughout the night. For in that moment, as he listened to the quiet rhythm of Aaron's breathing, Oliver knew that their friendship was worth any sacrifice, no matter how small.