Ch 1 : Snow at Times Square

Annabeth's Pov

Annabeth's Pov

I stared out of the window of the car at the snowflakes, falling numbly to the ground, coating the approaching Times Square in a mystical blanket of coldness . Whiter than lies, purer than it's other form, water . Snow has always seemed to fascinate me. How it can change your aspect of life ,your attitudes in difficult situations , your perspective of yourself , and most importantly , it can mold your heart. It's quite bizarre how ice can mold a heart of ice , isn't it? Maybe that's why it is relevant to a person like me. 

The devil residing in me smirked at such an intrusive belief. 
Or maybe it just calms down my soft heart and cushions it from the shards and thorns of those around me.

A shallow frown adorned my features. No , I refused to let myself fall prey to such an inexcusable thought. 

I, Annabeth Chase, the world-famous actress and daughter of Athena, the CEO of Athena Architectures , would not let the world believe that I had a soft heart, much less even a heart and that's how it would be. Forever and always. And my coming to New York to shoot my next film would certainly not change a thing.

Ah, that. I looked down at the silver dial on my wrist. As always ,I was early. 

I was called down to New York by the DiAngelo producers. They were in search of a strong female lead. And well, I grinned to myself, what's better than Annabeth Chase , the epitome of the acting industry. But what buzzed me was the fact that my character had to fall in love with a playboy. I really didn't know why the people of my generation were so hyped up about a stupid  thing called a 'playboy'. Even the name sends me shivers to hate the character more than enough. But since the producer is an acquaintance of my mother, my mother coaxed me into the idea of accepting the offer. Actually, his son will be in charge of this one . I have heard quite  a bit about him. But me being me, I couldn't really sigh a sigh of relief or trust till I met him personally. He's younger than us, I had heard. Would he really be able to turn our hard works into a masterpiece ? 

Hard work, however, was not the only criteria we had to fulfil to make a comfortable place for ourselves in this venomous industry, we had to know the mechanics , the strategy , the wheels of the world. And if he turned out to be an amateur, well , there goes their chance to shine.

I couldn't help but wonder who the male lead would be. After all, I did have to fall in love with his playboy persona. Acting to fall in love , that is. And if you're wondering, no I'm not the kind of actress who had typical romance on set and dump the actors later on. I had a firm line drawn between my professional and personal life and I expected my co-actors to respect it. 

I fixed the hem of my coat. So today , we had a short main crew meet up planned at the Times Square. A bit chaotic if you asked me, but fine, I had to admit  that this whole city is too chaotic.

But it wasn't the sort of chaos which kept me from reading a book. It was which indulged me to try out a different genre I know I would fall in love with.

My driver came to a halt.

'We're here Ms.Chase.'

I cleared my head and gathered my belongings from the soft leather of my seat.

I looked over to the driver's seat and smiled at Thalia. 

A tall and athletic woman , Thalia, had agreed to be my personal assistant and bodyguard when I started my acting career. She went against her own family to make my life happy and comfortable. And I could never be more grateful to her for it. Over the years, she had grown like an elder sister to me.She was probably one of the very few who could read me like an open book. I didn't complain anymore. Because I know that she would always do what was best for me. Something I had a really hard time with , by trying to fit it to my mother.

"Thanks Thals. I'll see you later," I quickly swooped in and kissed her cheek before she could protest or whine about it. I left the car, laughing when I saw her face scrunch up mockingly.

"Oh and Annie!"Thalia peeked out of the window.

"I know I know. Now go already."I smiled at her soft expression and walked away to the middle of the lit area of the city, treading my feet on the soft snow lumps.

'Do what your heart wants.' Thalia's signature line. I had never defied her on this note and never would.

I walked over to an empty bench. I was actually looking quite forward to this new chapter of my life. And of course, I wanted to make all the new memories count. Maybe that's why when somebody called out my name, I breathed in and turned out, an enthusiastic smile on my face. First impressions matter.

My smile faltered immediately upon seeing the man in front of me. Dark black unruly curls ,a Mediterranean complexion, emerald sparkling eyes, a mischievous smile on his pink lips, and that goddamn attitude with which he stood his ground, looking down at me. Looking down at me.

I had to pinch myself to make me believe that it was indeed not a nightmare.

I scowled quite visibly and much to the demon's amusement as his smirk grew ever stupider and obnoxious.

My arch-nemesis. My mother's business rival's son. My competition. Thalia's cousin.

"Percy fricking Jackson"