Cat In Disguise

Minji turned the car into the courtyard of the huge mansion. Hanni sat on the passenger seat, her eyes scanning the beautifully detailed building.

Only a few hours ago she received an email from KSA. She opened her phone to read it one more time:

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey Hanni,

It has come to our attention that your target, Kang Haerin, is to host a party at the Kang family mansion.

Your expertise and skills are required to gather information on Haerin during the upcoming masquerade ball. Here are the details you need to know:

Dress Code: Evening gown with a mask

Entry Instructions:
To maintain your cover, you will not receive an official invitation. However, you must arrive at the venue discreetly and blend in with the attendees. Your mission is to observe Haerin's activities covertly and report back to us with any significant findings.

Operational Guidelines:
1. Ensure your disguise is impeccable, including a mask that conceals your identity.
2. Stay vigilant and avoid attracting unnecessary attention.

Remember, utmost secrecy is crucial for the success of this mission. We trust in your abilities to carry out this assignment with precision and finesse.

If you require any additional resources or have questions regarding the mission, please contact your assigned handler directly.

Best regards,
x x x
Korean Secret Agency (KSA)

P.S. This email and its contents are classified. The email will self-destruct in x hours.
-----------------------------------------------------

The car was parked and Hanni raised her head.

"You ready?"

She turned her look to the person sitting behind the wheel. Minji was smiling a careful smile.

Hanni nodded, "Yes, I'm–"

She held her words as suddenly a ring tone was heard. Her eyes widened and she glanced at the Audi's screen to see the number that was calling. Immediately, she could feel the atmosphere thickening. Minji's jaw hardened and Hanni could see her gripping the wheel.

Why was Lisa calling again?

"What does she want now?" Minji growled, almost as if to herself.

Hanni bit her lip nervously, remembering the events from last night. She averted her gaze.

"Minji, it's been weeks... Maybe you should pick it up and see what she has to say," she suggested carefully.

"No," Minji replied stubbornly, before opening the car door and stepping out.

The door was slammed. Hanni closed her eyes leaning her head on the seat and sighed deeply. Why did Minji have to be so stubborn? No matter how hard she tried to act like she didn't care, it was obvious that she was still hurting.

Hanni glanced at the screen that shut as the call ended.

They both were hurting. How long would it go on like this? And what was the thing Lisa was going to say about her on the phone? When she heard her name, she panicked and ended the call. But now she couldn't help but wonder, what if it was something important?

The door on her side was opened. Still frustrated, Hanni took Minji's hand that was extended and stepped out of the car.

"Besides," Minji continued and kissed Hanni's hand, "We have way more important things to do."