Questions And Kisses

The date had been different but everything both women wanted, they'd had their first kiss and the days following had a certain sparkle to it. For Carina, the births she assisted felt calmer, and for Maya, she found herself smiling while making coffee. That smile has definitely been claimed by the brunette.

But Maya knew that at any point the happiness could come crashing down, something would cause some kind of anguish and she was right. Three days after the confrontation, she heard about Andy being caught. Although she was relieved, in a weird way she felt sorry for Andy.

For Andy, she hated life. She hated her ex-husband, she hated the station, and she hated Maya. She hated Maya because she knew that if Maya was still at the station, she would never have started dealing with drugs, Maya wouldn't have allowed it. Her meeting with McAllister was short, he'd told her the next few steps and left, he'd called the police and she'd spent the next two days in a cell at the police station. She recognised the cell, she'd had a moment of passion in that very cell years ago, it didn't bring her a smile anymore like it would have done.

Within that very meeting, McAllister asked her how long the drug dealing had gone on for, she'd lied and said more than a year. In the moment, she was pissed, and her target had always been Maya. She wanted Maya to still suffer under her wrath. Which for Maya, meant receiving a formal letter from a court of justice.

"I just don't get why I've been summoned. If I don't attend, I could get arrested Carina, arrested" Maya complained, Carina was sitting in her living room. Noah's gran had taken a turn for the worse, so he'd planned on staying with her for the foreseeable future, leaving Maya without any help. Carina (being the angel she was) began helping Maya out as much as she could. Despite wanting to be close to Maya, she'd started to become overwhelmed with responsibility.

"It sounds like you need to go, Bella." Carina replied, she cuddled into Maya. The takeout was left half-eaten as they snuggled into each other, communicating only by innocent kisses. Old timey music played in the background from the record player Maya had thrifted a week after buying the place. She liked the idea of the 60s romance, of the songs that either came from the decade or had that feel. The likes of Bobby Vee and Dean Martin rarely left the player.

"A full day in court surrounded by people who hate me, that's not going to be fun" Maya mumbled, Carina felt her voice vibrate as she laid on top of her, her hands were underneath Maya's sweater, she could feel each breath.

"I'll be there, so that's one person who definitely does like like you" Carina flirted, Maya pulled her up so that those innocent kisses could be replaced with kisses that definitely weren't so innocent.

-

The day in court was something that Maya anticipated as highly stressful but with Carina by her side, she didn't feel so stressed. They stood together; their hands held tightly. They were only a few feet away from the team, awkward stares were shared. A man started individually calling different members in. Eventually Maya's name was called, Carina's hand softly stroked Maya's lower back encouraging her to walk, and she did.

Entering the room felt alien, the remaining seat was between Vic and Ben, the two people that she didn't feel as uncomfortable with.

"Let's get started. On the 27th, Chief McAllister reported an incident where Captain Herrera held illegal drugs, particularly Cocaine. A brief conversation between the Chief and Andy Herrera revealed accusations that everyone in this room helped her at some point." Maya couldn't quite believe that Andy had lied. "In a minute, the men in this room will individually interview all of you. Thank you" The judge spoke.

The team looked towards each other, they looked terrified. Maya felt like she could laugh, without Vic's inside information, she would have easily been able to pick the guilty out of the innocent.