Chapter Two

You didn't get the chance to breathe as your heart fell to your stomach, completely taken aback by the sudden change, her tone, mixed in with your vulnerability as you laid beneath her, completely defenseless. She pulled her fingers out as she got up, standing still as she watched your face go from flustered to ghostly white compared to the yellow musked cement walls.

"How- I uh, I can explain" you stumbled as you pulled your knees forward as you sat up, shielding your bare chest as your hands trembled discreetly.

"You don't have to" Sevika stated coldly, her grin growing as she sat down on the wooden chair facing the bed. "Now I genuinely believe that you were lost, but what I don't understand is why you had this sewn into your dress" she inquired as she pulled out the dagger from the back of her belt.

Your brows wrinkle together at her question as you try to process the fast shift in atmosphere. "What do you mean? It's a family heirloom" you explain unsurely.

"Family heirloom? Really?" She scoffed out as she stood up before treading back to the side of the bed. Gulping down the harsh lump in your throat, you retreat in fear of the reality in front of you, your fate now locked in her fingertips. "Last time I checked, this was my fathers. He gave this to me, so unless we're cousins, one of us is lying, and I'm not a liar, "Sevika conceded as she grabbed your ankle, pulling you closer.

You let out a yelp as she placed the blade under your chin with her hand still gripped on your ankle, trapping you as she leaned in closer. "I'm not lying, my father gave this to me on my 10th birthday" you defend in a stammer, your body frozen at the imminent threat laying above your throat.

"Are you calling me a liar Y/N?" Sevika asked calmly as she pressed the blade flat under your chin.

"No ma'am" you mutter, her features blurring as you hold your breath, fearful of moving even a hair. You whimper quietly as her metal hand lets go of your ankle, her eyes never leaving yours.

"You think your fancy dresses and tea cups hide the evil that you guys commit to the people beneath you?" She badgered in loath, her teeth locked in as she watched you shake your head carefully. "Use your words, Princess," Sevika taunted.

"No, it doesn't" you mumbled, your body cooling down the longer you remain undressed. She remained still on you as she watched you crumble into a silent weep, your confidence completely evaporated. "I'm sorry for what my father did, I really am. We can fix it" you barter softly.

She let out an audible scoff of disbelief as she leaned down to get to your eye level. "You can bring back the dead now? bring back my arm, my family? My reputation? I'd rather burn my other arm off then take your help" she spat clearly, every single word digging a deeper cave in your chest.

"N-no of course not, but we can do something, I'll pay" you offer desperately. You didn't know the full story but you realize how naive you were until now, worshiping the ground your father walked on when he stomped his way to power. The way she is glaring at you makes you want to dig a hole through the bed into the deep cement ground and bury yourself within.

"Pay? You'll pay for what? Just so you can shut me up like you shut everyone up that goes against his dictatorship, ruining people's lives when they are just trying to survive?" She snapped as her eyes flashed into a dark gray, the glisten that usually resided now completely gone. Your features wrinkled as you tried to understand what she was saying, her anger seeming harsh from your perspective. "You have no idea do you?" She snickered as she removed the dagger from your neck, drifting it down to your shoulder.

"Tell me, so I can do something. I can bring you back, get him to apologize, I'll give you a title, respect, money, whatever you need to fix it" you sputtered out before you winced in pain as she grazed your skin.